“A fabulous surprise !”

Cross street: Franklin & Van ness
Wellington, New Zealand
“A fabulous surprise !”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were staying at the Francisco Bay Inn just next door and I found this on the way home. We got the set menu... Me the normal one and my Partner the Vegetartian one. They were both DELICIOUS !! Everything was very nicely presented and clean flavours... nice normal portions and lots of courses. I cannot remember everything I had ... i just remember EVERYTHING was Perfect. The only bad thing I have to say is that it was only tourists who seem to be enjoying this wonderful place. What is wrong people.. GO !! This is such a wonderful foil for the MASSIVE and quite frankly ridiculous size and quality of most meals in the States. The Hostess was SOOO lovely and I wish I could have taken her home as a souvenier. Please go and support this lovely business... you wont regret it.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank KuiniB

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This restaurant serves top of the bill Korean food in a very friendly athmosphere. The food was really great but the place was almost empty on a saturday night. The hostess told us that American clientele finds the portions too small. For us Europeans, it was just right. And if you'd like to eat more, you could always order two dishes per course.

• Visited November 2012
ALLEGAN
“Curiosity was rewarded.”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

After sightseeing all day we returned to our motel on Lombard street and had a minimal choice for dinner in our location. Our decision was to try something new and AATO Korean restaurant was close. Our server was helpful in our choices and the food was unbelievably delicious. The beef bibimbob was exquisite with a marinated beef and fresh vegetables and rice. I hope more people will give this flavor a try, it will be worth it.

1 Thank Penooka
Northumberland
“Excellent food, highly recommend a visit!!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Not sure if we should go here as my wife cannot have MSG. However the sign on the front informed us that they did not use MSG and only natural products. Food and Korean beer was excellent, host advised and educated us on the foods and selection. She is very passionate and deserves every success. Give them a try!

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Best place to eat EVER!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you are going to San Francisco you want to go to the little Korean Fusion Kitchen called Aato on Lombard Street. This place makes you forget the many many burgers and fries and waaaaaay to big portions of food that you grow tired of after some time in the US.

At Aato you get fantastic, tasty food in a realxing restaurant with the nicest staff you could posible think off. Please do not let yourself loose out on this wonderfull restaurant just because the place seems emty.

I was in San Francisco for 2 days traveling with two friends and we ate there two out of 3 nights. Soooooo yummy and the owner just keep bringing complementary korean snacks like kimchi and special korean spirits. Also try the BiBimBob both the vegetarian and beaf. Yum yum. I want to go back again and again:-)

I have absolutly nothing but good things to say!

• Visited July 2012