“Buzzy and good food.”

Jasper's Corner Tap and Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Jasper's Corner Tap and Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #820 of 5,826 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: O'Farrell
Transit: Powell Street station servicing the J, K, L, M, N, T lines and BART is four blocks away. Located directly on the 38-Geary and 27-Bryant lines.
Description: A long-time local favorite, Jasper’s Corner Tap and Kitchen serves crave-worthy New American cuisine. We feature 18 rotating draft beers in addition to a seasonal lineup of handcrafted cocktails. Our “from-scratch kitchen” will delight you with home-style favorites and unique offerings, complemented with unique dishes straight from the imaginations of our talented chefs. Just steps away from famous Union Square in San Francisco and by the Curran Theater, Jasper’s welcomes sports fans, adventurous eaters, movers, shakers, and everyone in-between in an urban-style sophisticated, yet comfortable atmosphere. We’re your new favorite restaurant and bar for a post-work get-together, a pre-theatre drink, an adventure into the culinary arts or post-shopping pick-me-up. In need of a midnight bite? Our late-night menu is the best in the city. We’re a top San Francisco restaurant open late every night. You belong at Jasper’s Corner Tap and Kitchen, a San Francisco New American restaurant like no other.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went here on recommendation from hotel and really enjoyed it. Staff v friendly and good wholesome bites to eat. Great burgers. It's really noisy which adds to the atmosphere for us but might bother some people. However there was a nice couple with a baby next to us and the baby didnt seem that bothered. Husband said the ribs were gorgeous and not fatty and everything was v efficient.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great restaurant with a decent "American" menu. Good selection of beers too.

I ate dinner and breakfast here on a recent trip to San Fransisco. I went with a burger for dinner as that's general a safe bet in an a place that I'm not familiar with. Their J Burger is loaded with rich flavors: blue cheese and bacon onion marmalade.

On the breakfast menu, I noticed a couple of items marked gluten free, including the omelet with goat cheese and spinach. Not sure about cross-contamination concerns for Celiacs, but the omelet was delicious.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The best french fries I've had in a long time! The wait staff was very attentive for so late in the evening. We had just finished a very long day of meetings and were looking for something to eat. I'm glad we walked into Jasper's. The menu was varied and the quality outstanding.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Read about this place in a Swedish travel book and thought it was worth a try. Would probably not have entered otherwise since it looked crowdy and I wouldn't know if getting a table would be possible. With the book in my hand I went in and managed to get a table. The place was crowded as hell and you could barely hear your own thoughts, but if you don't have all too much to talk about it can almost be nice. It seems to me that restaurants often are this noisy in San Francisco, so it didn't bother me too much. The J-burger was awesome, just like I had read and the waitress was nice. She wasn't as personal and friendly to us as to locals, but still did a good job and knew her menu and beverages. Would go there again if I'd ever go back to SF.

1  Thank Paulina K
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had seen Jasper's previously but didn't go in as we thought it was just a small bar. Fortunately our son, who lives in SF recommedned it as he knows our fondness for small dishes and good wine. Turns out it is more than a small bar - the dining area can't be seen form the street. There didn't seem to be a lot of tourists when we were there but it was somewhat crowed with locals. We were quite pleased with our selections ofSausage bits, Crispy Piggy, Riblettes,
Deviled Eggs and Jasper's Fries. The wine was very good - we took the advice of our server who recommended the lower priced California Red. A great discovery this trip. Will try it again next time.