“In a town with a coffee shop on virtually every corner - This is a WINNER!!!!”

Contraband Coffee Bar
Ranked #41 of 260 Coffee & Tea in San Francisco
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Houston, Texas
“In a town with a coffee shop on virtually every corner - This is a WINNER!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I found this on Groupon while visiting San Francisco and thought I would give it a try. While walking there I realized there where tons of coffee shops and hoped I had made a good choice. I DEFINITELY HAD! Contraband Coffee Bar has a great atmosphere with tons of places to sit inside and out. They also have free-wifi which is a necessity for most. Everyone was very friendly and it seemed that they had tons of regulars as many of the people socialized like they knew each other.

To top it all of, their espresso was amazing! I got an iced mocha which rivaled for a spot on my top-5 mocha list and WON! I also ordered a scone which I was expecting to be normal size, it was huge and tasted amazing! (Check out my pics of the scone, I'm not joking, I guess not everything is bigger in Texas =)

So if you are looking for a coffee shop in downtown San Fran, choose Contraband, you will be pleased!

• Visited October 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I had a cappuccino and it was amazing! It tasted like the coffee I had in Italy. My husband had cafe americano and he enjoyed it also. I highly recommend this place!

Visited August 2012
Anguilla
“Neighborhood Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Seriously, how have I JUST been to Contraband? It's literally right down the street from my apartment and for some reason I've opted for the nearby It's a Grind, Starbucks and Nook (one of my most faves, too) and failed to check out Contraband. Their $4 for $7 Groupon deal was actually the impetus for my checking it out, but I was very happy that I did after I popped in. The space is much bigger than I imagined and makes a great place to get some work done. Free wifi, plentiful plugs and great coffee. Our nonfat lattes were delish and their prices are actually pretty reasonable. Quality coffee and a great little location.

Visited February 2012
San Francisco, California
“Wicked Espresso and coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is not a Starbucks, joint! This is real espresso and amazing individual drip this is in my neighborhood and after almost four years in Italy and seven years in Seattle this would give any place in Seattle a shame slap down and be busy in Italy. Worth the stop and minute of time. One of three spots in the city I will take the time to stop at.

• Visited January 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Coffee done right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

My buddy took me here for coffee, and the espresso drinks are amazing! The also have a neat rewards program, sign in using the iPad at the register. Local art adorns the wall for purchase. This is a nice spot to grab some coffee or a espresso drink in San Fran.

• Visited September 2011