“tasty seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chowders

Chowders
Ranked #192 of 5,642 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
“tasty seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Good fish and chips but the chowder and the shrimp and chips are better. A bit pricy but the food is good. Not a waste of money

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Top Chowder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended to try this place from a friend who used to live locally, loved it. My wife had clam chowder and I had shrimp, couldn't fault it at all. Also, ask for some chipotle mayo...

Visited September 2013
Soulsbyville, California
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food is really good, but they are so busy that you have to wait around for the food, and then find some where to eat. We had to eat outside, so all of our napkins and plastic forks flew away. For being as busy as they were, the service was excellent there. I would eat there again. Menu is mostly fish, chicken and chowder.

Visited September 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not all that.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I was hoping the chowder would live up to the hype but it didn't. I worked in Oregon for about a year and had the opportunity to try a lot of different chowders and they all tasted better and had more flavor than this one. This is just your typical bland chowder that is over priced because of the location. I guess if your in the area you can swing by and try it but its not worth driving there just to try the chowder.

• Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Chowder..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were at Fisherman's Wharf on a Friday arvo were after a seafood chowder for lunch so, of course, I turned to Yelp for advice on the matter and Chowders came up so we gave it a shot.

It was very busy with lots of tourists (says a tourist!) as it always is anyway but we managed to find a table outside, which worked out perfectly as it was a beautiful sunny arvo. I had the prawn cocktail and a red clam chowder; and they were both very nice.

I really like Chowders, the food is good and affordable and + the staff are very nice. I shall return!

• Visited May 2013