“Maybe We Ordered the Wrong Things”

OSHA Thai Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
OSHA Thai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,247 of 5,741 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: SoMa
New York City, New York
“Maybe We Ordered the Wrong Things”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We started with the duck rolls, lamb & chicken sate, and Tom Kha soup. All three were very bland tasting, but were only saved by the dipping sauces (soup was just bland).

For entrees, the pomegranite duck pieces were mostly fatty, and the Bo.Lan Lamb pieces were less cubes and more like little pebbles.

Once we got the bill, we didn't expect it to be one of the most expensive meals on our trip.

• Visited July 2013

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Good Thai Food”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I went to this restaurant at the recommendation of the Intercontinental San Francisco's concierge. I was looking for places to eat within walking distance of the hotel. I went there on a Friday night and the restaurant was very busy. The music was booming on the bar side and could be appreciated on the dining side. I had the Thai Samoa, Crab Fried Rice and Thai Iced Tea. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and felt the value was appropriate for the amount of food. I rated this place Very Good rather than Excellent because I didn't think the service was good. The hostess and waiter did not seem too friendly and it took a while for my waiter to come to my table. Maybe it was due to him being busy, but I really didn't like the fact that I felt ignored.

• Visited May 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent food - noise is maddening”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a chain with several restaurants in town. We tried the one at Embarcadero before (very low ceiling and older) and we pleased with the food quality again at this location. The menu is simple and the food fragrant and nicely presented. Very experieced staff - nothing personal about the service but quick and hassle free. The big downside of this location is the total lack of sound proofing or noise reduction - it is a wide open space - which means you end up shooting at eachother. I also believe larger groups frequent this place which means that it is less/not suited for romatic or business dinners. The prices are correct.

• Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California
“Incredible Thai Food”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I visited this location 3 times in the span of a 2-week vacation to San Francisco. The food was exceptional, the portions very filling, and the prices amazing for downtown SF. I had the Tom Yum Soup, Pad Thai, and Pineapple Fried Rice (twice). I wish I had time to try out some more menu items, but the ones I did were cooked to perfection.

The service and atmosphere were also top notch.

The place tends to be full during lunch time, especially if there's a conference at the Moscone Center.

• Visited March 2013
North Carolina
“Good food and service”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I met a friend for lunch here during the week. The restaurant was packed due to a large conference at Moscone, but we were seated and served promptly. The menu has a lot to choose from and is more like touristy Thai food. You can choose a la carte or create a a mini-combo meal by choosing from some standard selections. The food was good and our server was attentive. The tea was very good! I would go here again for lunch if in the area.

• Visited October 2012