Tripadvisor
San Francisco
Review Highlights
Ski Bus to Squaw

This was my first trip with the Ski Bus and it was perfect! So easy super friendly staff and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Sixpacktravel
Scotts Valley, California
Tahoe Ski Bus from Bryant St

The whole experience was seamless and amazing! Our hosts were extremely organized and helpful. I... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
857sarinah

Recommended experiences in and around San Francisco
from $35.00
from $73.00
from $189.00
from $34.00
More Info
All reviews ski bus point reyes squaw valley rock climbing camping gear glen aulin highly recommend this trip to anyone lift tickets bus left on time redwood city great company bike rental marin county these guys the presidio great trip the golden gate bridge
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

The bus is smooth and comfortable and had drinks and snacks. It was right on time and we got a full day of skiing in. There was quite a party going when I returned - a bite and a B made for a relaxing ride home. Give it a try!!!

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Sports Basement does a such an amazing job with these trips. This was my 3rd time taking the bus to Squaw, and once again, I was not disappointed. They provide great service (pre-load your rentals, explain everything you need to expect, etc). The price is also amazing - let’s be real you’d spend much more on gas and parking doing a day trip on your own. There is always plenty of breakfast and snacks/drinks for after a day of skiing. I will definitely continue taking these trips and 100% recommending it to others. Thank you so much guys!!

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Be a little early so you can enjoy breakfast or bring on bus. Personable staff especially Marc Goubert !!!! Slept on the bus ride so ready for the slopes. Just an FYI ....Make sure if renting gear that it is on the bus. 3-4pm more snacks/bagels/alcohol before the big ride back. This was a long day but worth it! Did not have to drive. Well rested there and back. Would recommend for sure. ❄️⛷

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

I had a pretty bad experience with the bus trip. What should have been a day with ~6/7 hours of skiing and home by 8 turned into a day with 4/5 hours of skiing and arriving home after midnight.

So to start our the day, the bus left the sports basement at 550 instead of 530 like the email said we would leave at, which was alright but we definitely hit a bit more traffic getting to the mountain.

Upon approaching Northstar, the bus driver doesn’t take the exit off of 80 and drives for 15 miles PAST the exit before turning around. Once we get to Northstar the driver goes to the wrong lot and we have to circle back to the castle peak lot. All in all we did not get to the Mountain until 11 am when it was advertised as 9:15 and should have been 930-10 with the traffic we hit from chain control.

Upon return to the bus for 3 pm apres ski, and once everyone is on the bus at 4 pm, the host makes an announcement that there is a flat tire, but they have been working on fixing it. They said it would delay us an hour. An hour goes by with no update, and then they say they are going to order us pizza. The pizza comes, but still no update as to the time (at this point it is 630 pm, 2.5 hours after we were supposed to depart). The bus has NO spare tires, and the company/sports basement has no plan for how to get us alternate transportation home. Around 645 they say they are going to let us go to Northstar village to hang out until things get resolved. After people get off the sports basement bus and onto the Northstar shuttle, they find out that the tire is about 15 minutes out, so everyone gets back on the bus. An hour goes by, no tire anywhere to be found. Another announcement is made saying 10 more minutes. Finally, at 8 pm the tire shows up, and they take 30 minutes to put the tire on. We finally depart for SF after 830 pm. And we arrive back to sports basement just after midnight.

The bus itself was ok, the seats were alright, but most of the outlets didn’t work and there was either no hand sanitizer or they ran out of it in the bathroom.

All in all, I probably won’t take the bus again, at least not without confirmation as to what their plan would be in a situation like this. The lack of transparency as to what is going on, timelines, and the illprepardness of the bus and the company is offputting. While I appreciate that they will refund us for this trip, there were a few too many red flags for me to consider using this company again.

I will say our tour guide was very nice, and did a good job trying to keep us entertained during the ride and make things right while we wait for the tire.

1  Thank mmg987
EdenS256, General Manager at Sports Basement Outdoors, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Hello,
I had followed up with all riders previously, right after the incident, but I wanted to let you know that I had a long meeting today with the CEO of Bauer's Transportation, Gary Bauer. We discussed this incident and a few others and I have a commitment from them that ALL buses will be double and triple checked for spare tires going forward and they are working on getting a faster tow truck company to speed up repairs, if needed. If they had had a spare, there would have been no delays at all.

I also now have the Bauer's CEO's cell number, so I can escalate issues to him, as soon as it looks like something is not being resolved to everyone's immediate satisfaction.

I know this does not make up for all the waiting and uncertainly, but I am optimistic that this will never happen again.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding here.
Eden Slezin
GM SB Outdoors

Reviewed January 8, 2020

I thought the ski bus was just a round trip bus ride and it would’ve been fine. But noooo, there was soooo much more! There was coffee, bagels, fresh fruits, water, yogurt, snack bags, Cliff bars and more for the ride there. Wait, there more! No need to really rent a locker cause you can leave stuff on the bus. Oh, it gets even better. For more than an hour, you can chill @ their happy hour before heading home. Yes! There was several types of beers and wines to enjoy. There was cheeses & crackers, salami, more fruits, more healthy snacks to choose from, more coffee & water. You get to chit chat w/ folks on the busses, or not... your choice. I’m sure I forgot something cause there was soooo much offered. It was much more than just a bus ride. It was a fun experience for me. I didn’t have to drive the 7hr round trip- that was relaxing. Highly recommend taking the Sports Basement bus ALL the time. I think you have the option to take a different return bus if you’re staying @ Squaw for an extended period of time too! Wow, do the math. It was cheaper and soooo much more fun and relaxing to take the bus to play in the snow! GREAT service!