Review Highlights
i love the feeling of this place, everyone is so good at their job

bought a bike here, got it tuned here. mine is a beach bike, but geez, they sell 6000$ bikes here... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Dusk_Treader
El Granada, California
Half Dome Yosemite was amazing!!

What an amazing adventure!! We did the 4 day, 3 night Half Dome - Yosemite backpacking trip with... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from $45.00
from $143.10
from $74.00
More Info
All reviews ski bus point reyes china camp mountain biking squaw valley rock climbing highly recommend this trip to anyone camping equipment glen aulin bus left on time ride options outdoor climbing taylor park shorter route beautiful route energy bars nice bus
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2018

Our Point Reyes weekend biking trip with Sports Basement Outdoors could not have been better. The amazing team of guides pulled together our random group of 17 with a range of biking abilities. Through it all, the guides offered smiles, encouragement, an abundance of snacks and delicious meals, and a cozy campfire to gather at the end of an epic day. The return route on Sunday through Samuel P. Taylor park topped it all off. Yes, we'll be back!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank mariesayles
Reviewed May 1, 2018

We decided to rent bicycles to ride from the Wharf area over to the Golden Great Bridge. It just so happens that Sport Basement Bike rentals was right outside our hotel on Jones and Bay Street (outside Pier 2620 Hotel). My boyfriend is an avid cyclist (me not so much) he knew exactly what we would need for the ride. We walked into the store and he was amazed at the selection of bikes and they were all in great condition, they have quite a few to select from including electric bicycles. It was an incredibly easy process, go in, sign up on the computer, pick out a bike and leave....The best part is that whatever you pay for the bike (we paid $80), they gave you back in store credit in their main store on the way to the bridge. I would HIGHLY recommend using this company, my recommendations are 1) Pay for the entire day, then you don't have to rush back, 2) go early as there are less people, 3) get a road bike with gears, they are easier to use on the incline and finally 4)just enjoy it, it was one of the highlights of our trip.........

I know there are A LOT of bicycle rental places in SF, but the quality of bikes, knowledge and friendliness of the sales staff and the rebate made this the best choice for us and I am glad we choose it.....

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We hired some bikes here to cycle over the Golden Gate Bridge. The staff were friendly and helpful and we had so much fun even though not experienced riders would thoroughly recommend their services. ‍♀️

Reviewed April 17, 2018

I attended the Sports Basement Outdoors 2-day bike trip from San Francisco to Pt. Reyes on 4/14-15. It was one of the best experiences I have had since moving to SF. Here are the top reasons why I recommend this trip:

1. The Staff Was Amazing: From the moment I arrived at the Presidio Sports Basement, everyone was incredibly welcoming and organized. They explained the process, answered my questions and ensured I was comfortable. They were so genuine and enthusiastic that I couldn't help but get excited. They triple checked my bike to make sure I was good to go.

2. The Routes Were Great: There are two ride options each day: a longer and shorter. There is no pressure as to which group you go in. Sports Basement has a lead rider to make sure the group knows where to go and a tail rider to make sure no one gets left behind. Comforting for the slower riders. The groups have set points to regroup, drink water, have snacks. The route was so beautiful. The perfect mix between challenging, yet very beautiful.

3. The Food was Amazing! Don't go on this trip to lose weight. There is so much food provided and it was delicious. Sports Basement provides 3 full meals in addition to tons and tons of energy gels, bars, etc. They were very accommodating of all food allergies and sensitivities.

4. The Other Riders Were Super Cool. Everyone on the trip was so welcoming and wanted to have fun and be outside. The second day was on the colder side and some of the more experienced riders offered extra warmer gear to others.

5. They Have S'mores! Probably the most important detail is that they have s'mores at the camp fire.

6. You Can Rent Everything Through SB! Sports Basement makes it so easy to rent the bike and camping equipment through them. Pick it up the day of and drop it off when you get back.

7. Support Car Provided. You don't have to carry any of your own gear. There are support cars that travel with both groups each day ensuring that everyone has enough water or you can leave extra layers in the car. There is also the option to ride in the support car if you get tired.

Net: Completely worth doing. I was amazed by the professionalism by everyone who ran the trip and I can't wait to do another trip through Sports Basement.

3  Thank O8081GO
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

Took the sportbasement bus to Tahoe (Squaw valley resort) for the first time. Overall the experience was really good and I think it’s a great option for those that just want to do get a quick snowboarding/skiing session in without taking up the whole weekend. Financially it probabaly only makes sense for smaller groups (< 3 people), but probably more ideal for 2 people or solo travel. It’s $75/person so if you’re a larger group it’s probably cheaper to rent a car and stay the night as you can split the costs

Pros:
- great if you just want to go for a day (leave at 5:30am, reach at 9:30am. Ski from 9:30-3:00pm. Head back at 3:30pm, get back at 7:30pm)
- best option for small groups
- if you rent gear they pre-load all the equipment in the bus and return it for you. Super simple. Also they offer a 10% discount coupon on rentals
- they also offer an additional 20% coupon for any gear you purchase for the trip
- provide a pretty good breakfast before the trip and snacks when you return from the slopes
- staff is super friendly and chill
- you get discounted lift tickets to Squaw/ Alpine

Cons:
Feels like some of the sign up steps are a little manual and there’s a possibility of error (e.g have to fill out a google docs). I recommend verifying that all your rental gear has properly been loaded into the bus and no equipment is missing. The rental and bus sign up are 2 independent steps. Would be smoother if you could book all of it together.

Overall I think it’s a great option and I can definitely see myself using it again.