“Awesome breakfast and sandwiches”
Review of The Grove

The Grove
Ranked #97 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: SoMa
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Loved, loved The Grove. Made-to-order breakfasts and sandwiches. Great coffee, and wonderful rustic atmosphere. The staff was super attentive and helpful. Nice find in San Francisco!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed January 30, 2013

A passer-by heard me asking the bellman at my hotel where to go for a quick bite and came up to me and recommended the Grove. I had just arrived in SFO from the airport and didn't wnat to eat too much at 2pm when I'd be going out to dinner. He said I'd enjoy it more than going to a chain restaurant for a sandwich. The Grove did not disappoint. I did think it was a bit pricey for a casual shop. You go to the counter and order, then go and find a seat. Young lady I spoke with at the door to explain it to me and the cashier both very friendly. I wanted a light bit, ended up with the Chicken Quesadilla (an appetizer) which was huge. And a large iced tea...about $15.00. I thought the food was fresh and tasty. They had some other items of interest on the menu, and I would go again if time permits. So many good places to eat in SFO I won't make a special trip there, but would go again if I'm close by.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

If you like a breakfast spot with low-key vibe, this is it. It's a true California experience, as you sip a latte surrounded by twinkle-lit trees (inside!). They know how to poach eggs, service is quick (stand in line, place order,and they bring your meal to your table of choice.) The freshly-squeezed orange juice is a must add to get the full Grove experience.

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by the Grove for a quick bite in the evening. The atmosphere was nice, staff was friendly. The food was less than impressive. I had the chicken pot pie - which looks impressive but when you take a bite, it disappoints. It was a small bowl of Marie Calendar's sauce, chicken, and veggies with a HUGE pastry top. I think the pastry fooled me into thinking it would taste better than it was. Pricy as well. I would recommend other places in the area.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This place was recommended by the concierge at my hotel. Definitely high energy - not for a relaxing luncheon. I enjoyed my meal; the portions were adequate, but not generous. Service was a little spotty. I ordered a beer. There was a lot of foam and the only comment was, "sorry, it's the end of the keg." Not exactly the response I was hoping for. I think it's a little overpriced for what it is. I like the fact that it's locally owned and operated.