“Tea tasting”
Review of Vital Tea Leaf

Vital Tea Leaf
Ranked #6 of 319 Shopping in San Francisco
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

For a very informative and tasty experience this a must stop. These folks know their teas. Love spending the afternoon sampling tea. Recommend Vital Leaf Tea as a must stop when in San Francisco. SPECIAL thanks to Carina (Herman's sister ), Herman & Kenny.

1  Thank Kay P
in 33 reviews
"medicinal"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed September 19, 2017

I bout some matcha tea and the lady at the counter provided excellent cousellign and gave me one of the best tea. even though they did not have the tea in smaller packs, they were kind enough to provide me small package from a larger pack.

Thank you and would absolutel recommend it.

Reviewed May 4, 2017

If you like tea even a little bit, then this is a MUST! No reservation needed, just walk right in and have a seat. We were given the most comprehensive tasting and demonstration – seriously, we were there for an hour and a half – by a gentleman from South Carolina; I cannot remember his name, but he was awesome. Uncle Ghee, the owner, was there as well giving a demonstration and tasting to another couple. If you’re especially interested in the medicinal benefits of tea, this is the place to go and ask questions! The tasting is free, but you’ll want to buy some of their amazing tea to take home with you - though there is totally no pressure to do so. We left with a half brick of pu’erh and a special brewing pot. Hands down our favorite experience in Chinatown. The best.

1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

Great time tea tasting and feasting on the knowledge dropped on eastern medicine practices. All I know is the Blue People's is one tasty tea. A ginger green tea that finished smooth. Quarter pound for $20. Will return soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 4, 2016

We were walking down Grant and saw this shop. I love tea, but my husband doesn't. I went in and found the nicest people working there. They pour all different kinds of tea for you to try. They explain the health benefits of each one, and ask you questions about what you are looking for. Such as stomach issues, sleep, headaches, etc. They will recommend a tea based on this. They will pour that tea first so you can try it. They have a great deal of knowledge and do not pressure you to purchase anything. I did not know there were so many different kinds of tea! It is worthwhile to spend an hour or so here to learn and if you decide to, purchase some tea!