“Best Napa wine tour!!”

Green Hills Wine Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: SONOMA AND NAPA VALLEY WINE TOURS FROM SAN FRANCISCO : Our wine tours to Sonoma and Napa Valley are created based upon group wants and wine preferences. Our aim is to create a wine tour experience that is fully customized for you. We want you to feel like you planned the trip yourself but with none of the hassle. From acclaimed wineries and romantic picnic spots to scenic hidden gems, we offer unforgettable experience with private or small group semi-private wine tours in a Lincoln Navigator SUV or a Custom Luxury Conversion Van. With a Private Wine Tour we let you choose entirely what wineries you would like to visit, or you can give us perimeters and we can create an itinerary that best meets your needs. We select wineries based on the input you share with us regarding the kinds of wines you like and the kinds of experiences that you are looking for, customizing it as much as we can. Tasting fees vary based on the caliber of the winery and the experience.
Roselle, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Napa wine tour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We researched dozens of options for Napa tours and we're so thankful that we chose Green Hills! Aloys is extremely knowledgeable about the area, wines, restaurants, everything you could need. 4 of us were picked up at our inn in San Francisco in a very comfortable luxury SUV and he went out of his way to show us so many awesome sights on our way to wine country. He assisted in choosing wineries based on our personal likes and dislikes, as well as helping us choose the perfect place for lunch. By the end of the day we were looking for ways to cancel our larger group tour to Sonoma so that we could have Aloys take us! From beginning to end, the best experience. We will definitely be calling Green Hills back!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Cathy P

Cumming, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Super Friendly & Knowledgeable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

As we headed out of of San Francisco we stopped at a red light. Right next to us was a bus with 30+ people on it going on a similar tour. While we sat comfortably in our guide's van with a total 6 people and could see the other bus driver talking on a microphone that looked like a hand me down from an old Cobra CB radio, I was glad I was in my own semi private ride. After a little guided touring on the way out of San Francisco we were off to Sonoma. We visited 2 wineries in Sonoma and 2 in Napa. Saw beautiful countryside and enjoyed our guide and other quests.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Wine Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Excellent experience all around! Alois was a wonderful guide and really tailored the day to our tastes and preferences. He is very knowledgeable about the area and the wineries, asked what we liked, and designed the day accordingly. Four hand-picked wineries and an excellent lunch! Hands down the best wine tour experience we have ever had. I can't imagine a better day! Thank you so much!!

Edmonton, Alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

We spent the day with Aloys on our tour of Napa/Sonoma. He was a fun guide and seemed knowledgeable about the area and wines in general. As others have said, a relatively laid back tour with the guests driving the tour if they so choose. I enjoyed the small group setting and the SUV was nice way to travel.

The only thing I would probably change would be to provide a few more details prior to the tour to Green Hills about what I was looking to see and do. As this was my first wine tour I assumed that we would see behind the scenes more at the winery's instead of just the tasting rooms. After the first winery, I mentioned this to Aloy and he tried very much to accommodate us, but it being a busy Saturday it was difficult to get on an actual tour of the winery's because many of those tours were full. So even though you might not know what winery's you want to visit, I would suggest to provide a more detailed description to them of what your looking for prior to taking the tour that way they can prearrange anything if required.

1 Thank Rak4300
Bloomington, Indiana
“A laid back, informative tour set up around my tastes in wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

After my first great experience with this company in 2012, this time I was part of a group tour including myself, my wife, and several old friends. Our driver this time was Amber, and throughout the day she shared lively and interesting background about the history of the city of San Francisco, the two wine growing areas we visited, and California in general. I generally favor white wines, and she set up the spots we visited around my taste, directing us to wineries that served delicious pinot grigios and viogniers, and a few tasty red wines as well. Amber also included in our tour lunch at a charming Italian trattoria. She never rushed us, and even made sure we drank enough water! All in all, an enjoyable and educational day in California wine country.

Visited July 2014