“Excellent day trip to Sonoma and Napa”

Green Hills Wine Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: SONOMA AND NAPA VALLEY WINE TOURS FROM SAN FRANCISCO : Our wine tours to Sonoma and Napa Valley are created based upon group wants and wine preferences. Our aim is to create a wine tour experience that is fully customized for you. We want you to feel like you planned the trip yourself but with none of the hassle. From acclaimed wineries and romantic picnic spots to scenic hidden gems, we offer unforgettable experience with private or small group semi-private wine tours in a Lincoln Navigator SUV or a Custom Luxury Conversion Van. With a Private Wine Tour we let you choose entirely what wineries you would like to visit, or you can give us perimeters and we can create an itinerary that best meets your needs. We select wineries based on the input you share with us regarding the kinds of wines you like and the kinds of experiences that you are looking for, customizing it as much as we can. Tasting fees vary based on the caliber of the winery and the experience.
Tampa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent day trip to Sonoma and Napa”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My fiancée and I booked this tour for our last day in San Francisco. We had never been to Sonoma nor Napa and wanted an easy way to see the area. After researching various options I booked this trip, and I am very glad that I did. Everything about this trip was excellent. The driver, also the owner of the company, went out of his way to make sure we had a great time. I would 100% book this tour again, and I will, the next time I am in the area.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank LandonBass

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Perfect San Francisco experience”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Last day of a trip to San Francisco. Looked at recomendations for wine tours and this sounded good. Easily booked and Aloys the owner / driver made sure he understood my wine preferances so the tour would cover these (I am a red rather than white wine drinker). He turned up right on time - at my hotel so no taxi to get to the tour required. Just one other couple in the smart, clean Mercades SUV used for the trip. Some brief sight seeing with wonderful close up views of the Golden Gate Bridge - I did not know you could get so close. We visited a winery in Sonoma first and then went on to Napa. Aloys' wine and local knowledge is excellent and he is very friendly and invites questions - you feel his first concern is to ensure you have a wonderful time. He chose our lunch stop carefully - Farmstead restaurant in St Helena - that alone is worth a trip. At each winery Aloys made sure we were well attended to and we were never rushed at each stop he let us decide when to move on. The selection of wines was great. The big bonus came on the way home when just after sunset he stopped on a hill overlooking the Golden Gate bridge with a stunning view of the San Francisco city lights
this must truly be one of the "Things to see before you die". Finally I was dropped back at my hotel.
f you are thinking of taking a wine trip then do not hesitate this exceeds expectations - and is well worth the cost.

Visited November 2013
Atlanta, GA
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Stop Looking and Book this tour”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We recently visited SF and booked a one day tour from SF to Napa/Sonoma and were not disappointed. We were picked up in a luxury SUV and our guide (i forgot his name...how could I). He was the best. He offered champagne, beer and water the entire time. He was very knowledgeable. He started by taking a tour around SF to see the Palace of Fine Arts, a view of the Golden State Bridge and other landmarks. He did not rush us and offered to take pictures. Once in wine country he took us to 4 different wineries so we could get an understanding of a large one, medium, small and luxury one. This was great. He was wonderful in ensuring we were welcomed at each one and made sure that we were enjoying ourselves. He stopped at a great little Italy restaurant for lunch in Sonoma square and then back to SF after one final stop. He was kind enough to take us through Little Italy and China town for a night tour. Best Tour Ever.

São Paulo, SP, Brazil
“What an experince!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is definitely one of the best wine tour companies out there (and I had been to many others before, believe me). The service is more intimate and, in our case, tailored to our interests.
Not only she took us to visit wineries, but stopped at some points-of-interest on the route for photo shooting; lunch was the best on Napa, a very special restaurant with great food and affordable prices (at least for a tourist).
We were in a group of 4 and they picked us up at the hotel and drove us back safe and sound.
This is a family business, so I encourage you to support these hard working guys.

206front
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Early October we hired Aloys to take us around to several vineyards in Napa.

We have already visited Napa and had some big requests as we were a group of 5...he explained what was realistic and how to get to the best vineyards plus lunch, with a strategic route. He was very kind, accommodating and we could tell he cared about our experience. He made all the reservations and made sure we were taken care of! I would DEFINITELY hire him again on our next visit!