“An all around fantastic time and tour...”

Green Hills Wine Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SONOMA AND NAPA VALLEY WINE TOURS FROM SAN FRANCISCO : Our wine tours to Sonoma and Napa Valley are created based upon group wants and wine preferences. Our aim is to create a wine tour experience that is fully customized for you. We want you to feel like you planned the trip yourself but with none of the hassle. From acclaimed wineries and romantic picnic spots to scenic hidden gems, we offer unforgettable experience with private or small group semi-private wine tours in a Lincoln Navigator SUV or a Custom Luxury Conversion Van. With a Private Wine Tour we let you choose entirely what wineries you would like to visit, or you can give us perimeters and we can create an itinerary that best meets your needs. We select wineries based on the input you share with us regarding the kinds of wines you like and the kinds of experiences that you are looking for, customizing it as much as we can. Tasting fees vary based on the caliber of the winery and the experience.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my Wife and I's first time in the area and were very interested in a taking a tour of wine country. Green Hills couldn't have been any better. Aloys picked 3 great wineries and would have taken us to a 4th, but we ran out of time. Aloys really knows his wines and loves what he does. HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just had a wonderful time in Napa with our tour guide Aloys. He started off with a small tour of San Francisco before we crossed the bridge, which was a nice treat to start the day. Then we visited a great mix of wineries ranging from the fancy Domaine de Chandon to a small, local winery in Sonoma having a cute festival with yummy food pairings. It was wonderful to experience the variety of locations and sizes rather than simply working our way down wine alley. We appreciated that Aloys listened to our requests but also mingled in his expertise. He took us to Long Meadow Ranch - Farmstead - Restaurant, which was so delicious that I'd visit just for the lunch. Overall is was delightful day!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I went on this tour in early April with my boyfriend and really enjoyed it. We took the tour with just one other couple so got a very personal and tailored experience - it felt pretty much like an individual tour but for a fraction of the cost. Aloys was a pleasant and knowledgable guide - he showed us a few sights as we left the city which allowed us to see San Francisco from a new perspective that we hadn't managed so far on foot. We visited four wineries (Jacuzzi, Homestead, Cuvaison and Jessup), all with really different characters, and felt we'd got to see a really great cross section of the wines on offer, from small scale family vineyards to large commercial outfits. We stopped at a nice restaurant for lunch which we also really enjoyed. Aloys responded really well to our requests, altering the stops he had planned when we requested tasting some Pinot Noir in particular. Overall we had a great day out and it was well worth the price. Several of the wineries also waived the tasting fees while we were out, so the four stops only cost $25 in tasting fees which was much less than I expected. Comes highly recommended!

1  Thank 706ClareM706
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I booked my wine tour of Napa Valley with Green Hills Wine tours based on other reviews on Trip Advisor. I am so happy that I did! This was my 1st time visiting San Francisco. First, I was fully impressed when a beautiful navigator pulled up to pick us up...clean, spacious & comfortable! I was equally impressed that Aloys took special time to point out special photo attractions for us as well. The tour was amazing!! We visited 4 vineyards...Aloys took us based on the types of wines we enjoyed. The bonus was when we visited Antinori!! There are no words to describe the atmosphere & beauty. We finished our tour with a final photo op of the Golden Gate bridge & champagne. Aloys was friendly, professional & went above & beyond for us of any tour guide I have ever met. I will share this with everyone I know & we will book with them again! 10 Stars + to Green Hills wine tours!!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I did this tour at the end of March for our 10th anniversary and had an amazing experience! Aloys picked us up on time and was not only very friendly, but extremely knowlegeable. We enjoyed our lunch at Farmstead, yum!!! I would strongly recommend this tour to anyone. It is more personable (we were the only ones) and Aloys is the best!! Thank You GH Wine Tours and Aloys!!