“Our FAVORITE San Francisco Activity”
Review of Foodie Adventures

Foodie Adventures
Ranked #30 of 111 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Named "San Francisco's Best Tour!" by AAA VIA Magazine. Foodie Adventures has been featured on Food Network, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, Huffington Post, 7x7 and many more! Founded in 2007, by Chris Milano, Chef and 6th generation San Franciscan - Foodie Adventures are over three action-packed hours of local food, local culture...and serious local flavor! Our all-inclusive tours, take food-loving guests behind-the-scenes to eat and drink from seven different locations (come hungry!) + bonus sites, stories, and attractions along the way! Cheers!
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I went on the North Beach/Chinatown Tour in May 2013. I have nothing but good things to say! Chris, our guide for the tour, was very knowledgeable and a genuinely nice guy. It is obvious that he enjoys his work and has great relationships with all the restaurant owners.

We tried all kinds of hole-in-the wall places that we would have never tried on our own. (Tea, Truffles, Dim Su, Pizza, and more)!
The tour was spaced out perfectly so you do not get to full, but believe me there is plenty of food by the end!

I would highly recommended this tour for anyone who is looking for something fun to do in the city. We cannot wait to try the Mission district tour next time we visit!

1  Thank WeLOVEtravel806
There are newer reviews for Foodie Adventures

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We did the Mission Tour as that is a part of San Francisco I'd never been to. Easy to get to, we just took BART to 24th and Mission, spotted others hanging around and knew we were in the right spot.
Wear comfortable shoes- there isn't a lot of walking involved, but this would not be fun in high heels. Chris was our guide - he is a wonderful, warm host. I've worked in hospitality for the past 20 years- you can always spot the person who loves what they do. Chris is definitely what hospitality is all about. His eyes sparkle with the excitement of sharing something wonderful with his new friends. The food could be awful and you'd still have a great time. Luckily, the food was wonderful. In addition, you meet the people behind the food, and some of the artists behind the murals. A very interesting tour filled with the culture of the neighborhoods. Can't wait to come again and try the North Beach tour.

1  Thank SegwayNapa
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked this trip for Mothers day, on our last day, on the shuttle to the airport I asked her what her favorite part was and she said 'OH, The Food Tour with Chris, what an amazing day I will never forget'. There was a pretty big group, a few couples, a family, a few singles, we all got along well and there were chances for us to ask Chris (the wonderful tour guide and owner!) questions about the tour, food and culture which was the Mission District Tour. I knew we would be full by the end of the day but I had no idea we would learn so much about the culture of the people, the businesses, Chris's background and of course the food..even the basicis! We learned about the types of meat and poultry, the spices, compliments of the dishes and we even learned about the art and architecture which was especially wonderful! You must do this when your visit, Chris is brilliant! http://www.foodieadventures.com/

1  Thank Becky H
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We have been on quite a few food tours around the world and Chris's tour of the Mission district was the best! Rich in history, local lore, local murals and very rich in local, delicious latin food. And very warm, friendly, funny atmosphere. Don't miss this one!

2  Thank RobBurkham
Reviewed March 13, 2013

From 11 am to 3 pm we walked ate and listened to Chris Milano on the North Beach and Chinatown food tour. We took this tour because the Mission district tour was full. While there were 14 in our group Chris talked to and go to know everyone personally. The tour started with xoxo truffles in North Beach then on to Chinatown and back to North Beach at the Golden Boy pizza. Throughout the tour Chris kept us entertained with local stories and his own stories. The food was great both in Chinatown and North Beach.

My only suggestion is to remove the Chinese temple stop, too many stairs to climb and no place in a food tour. Kind of a stop for fortune telling.

Highly recommend it and if I get a chance would be back for the Mission tour.

2  Thank JeddaCath