“This is a temple to the football gods.”
Review of Candlestick Park - CLOSED

Candlestick Park
Coalville, Utah, Usa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“This is a temple to the football gods.”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I have been a 49ers fan since 1981, like most of my generation x peers. The stadium is dated and the seats are faded. But sitting there in the house Montana built was super cool. So many great teams, players and moments passed through there. The strangers sitting by me were all friends by the end of the game because that moment was ours. If you don't go this year, you will regret it for the rest of your mediocre life.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Q
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great game, dated venue”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Went to my first NFL game after being a long time 49ers fan. What a blast that was. Great public transportation to the stick, great fans, overall good experience. The stadium is definitely dated, hence the new one being built for next season. I can't really compare it any other NFL stadium since I have never been, but you can tell its getting near it's expiry date. I would recommend and would go there again.

Brighton, United Kingdom
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Good Experience”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We enjoyed our first football game in what is the last season at Candlestick Park.

A good experience from the moment we arrived and saw all the tailgating until the moment we left.The stadium is obviously outdated now but the atmosphere and game was really good.

Only concern was getting out of the stadium ! At the end of the game I was surprised that the bars were not open so that people could travel home at different times rather than all leave at the same time.

Overall a good experience .

Visited October 2013
Kentucky
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Glad I got to see it”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The main reason we traveled to SF was to see a game in Candlestick before it comes down. It was a wonderful experience. Special bus lines run on game day, so getting there was a cinch. There are beautiful views and we found the stadium, museum and shop really nice. The Niners lost, but I'm just glad I got to attend this historic place.

Sandys Parish, Bermuda
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“An awesome day at Candlestick”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

As a 49ers fan I decided that I must see them play at Candlestick Park before they move to the new stadium. I am so glad that I did. Yes you can tell that the stadium is old but it is still an experience. We had a great day even though they lost to the Carolina Panthers. As we are not Americans, we got to experience tailgating and attending a football game for the first time, what a day it was. Farewell Candlestick, so glad I got the chance to visit.