Candlestick Park - CLOSED

Reviewed September 3, 2015
Houston N
Franklin, Tennessee
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 19, 2018

Was an awesome thing to behold in it's heyday. I've been an 49'ers fan my whole life, been to "the stick" quite a few time, miss it. Can't wait to goto Levi's Stadium for my next game though.

Reviewed March 27, 2016

As a San Francisco 49ers fan in Australia I always wanted to visit the concrete behemoth that was Candlestick Park... I visited a few years ago during the 49ers final season there during a Monday Night Football game... stadium was large & cold but the atmosphere was totally electric inside! Niners knocked off the Chicago Bears easily which was great, a great experience overall... content : )

Reviewed December 20, 2015 via mobile

Their is an RV park by the same name. We stopped in to ask about the park it's been demolished and they are putting in low rent housings.

Reviewed September 3, 2015 via mobile

Candle Stick park was home to the SF Giants until 2000 and home to the 49ers as well. Now you can drive by and see where it was.

Reviewed July 10, 2015

i like the history of the park-I was there for Paul McCartneys concert it being the last one to ever play Candlestick a moment in history is candlestick is the site of the Beatles last concert. getting out of the parking lot was terrible. Its all gone now

Reviewed June 8, 2015

No longer a ballpark technically but even when used for events or concerts, leaving the park is a nightmare. It took us 2 hours to just get onto Hwy 101. Horrible planning!

Reviewed April 23, 2015

My first ever baseball game ....... I was in really high seats and thought that i was not going to be able to see anything but the view was really good... one thing I will say if you have never seen a game before make sure you are with someone who knows how the game works - I picked most of it up as the game went on but there was a few things that i needed to be explained.

1  Thank katwat87
Reviewed February 19, 2015

I have been a 49er fan since I was little and to finally get out there and see their stadium and watch them play a game was amazing, I go out there every year to see a game, however I will be attending Levi Stadium this year!

Reviewed October 8, 2014

I was there on may 27th, for soccer event USA vs Azerbaijan.
Location: Its 15 mins away from San-Fransisco. I'd prefer at least an hour before to arrive there. Because you will waste at least 30 mins waiting on line to get in and park the car.
Food and drinks: lines for food was unbelieveable, and were slow. if you are for soccer game then i wouldn't even recommend to stay on line at break, because break its just only 15 mins.
Outside of stadium was hot, probably like 85-90F(24-27C). But inside of stadium was so windy and freeze that I was looking to another (3rd) jacket to wear. After game i got sick. Probably geographical location of stadium is really bad, that gets really windy and cold. can't imagine in winter time.
But its really good for american football and soccer.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Was at Paul Mc Cartney's "Out There" Show, the last hurrah for Candlestick Park. I have seen Paul many many times and he did not disappoint---had people on their feet and rocked the place for 3 hours. The show did start nearly an hour late evidently to allow time for people that got caught in traffic. We went by the email sent out which stated to get there early as the promoters thought that traffic would be a problem. We arrived around 5:30 p.m. Got right in and found a spot to park. I was really shocked that they were charging $40.00 to park a car.....but what do you do? Had already driven 200 plus miles to get there, and there was no way I was going to miss seeing Paul again. Being that we got there early, we were at their mercy for food for the evening. Between the three of us we had 3 hot dogs (at $7.00 each) 1 bottled water (at $5.00) 2 sodas (at $6.00 each) and one order of nachos (at $9.00) for a grand total of $47.00----I was again shocked. Maybe I don't get out enough--maybe this is the "norm" but I was really disgusted about getting so gouged. I jokingly told the twenty-something gathering our food for us at the counter, "you do realize this is robbery don't you?' and he nodded yes, and smiled.....he was aware. Though we had no problem getting there and getting parked it did take awhile to get out of the venue. There were a lot of people walking and they were going in between the cars and some people in the cars were pretty aggressive about getting in. I am glad we went because I have always been a fan of Paul's and wanted my Daughter to see him especially with the significance of the Beatles having played there and it being the last show ever at Candlestick, but I obviously am dismayed by the exceptionally high prices they charged within the park.

1  Thank Dieterbean