The Grant Hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
$208
  • Bar/Lounge
$209
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$217
$189
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$309
$239
$229
  • Bar/Lounge
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$415
$220
$279
$237
Travelocity
  • Room Service
1,092 results
All reviewscable carbudget hotelunion squaregreat locationmusty smellexpensive citycontinental breakfastwould stay againcoffee machinecentral locationbit datedlobbyblocksfcomputerscarshairdryer
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here September 2012 for sight seeing in the city. Ideal location less than 5mins from Union square. Rooms a good size, great big comfy bed. Bath, shower ok, It is basic but ideal as a base to see the city.
Free coffee in the lounge with dougnuts in the morning.
Come out entrance and turn left and walk down to Lauries diner for breakfast. American retro diner, food amazing. A two minute walk!

Would stay here again, had a great time in a great city.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Grant Hotel is great located very close to Union square in downstown SF. The rooms are simple but have all you need. Internet connection is available free of charge in the lobby and if you want it in the room it will cost you 7 dollar per day. The staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast was included but was very simple and consisted of cakes and coffee.

If you want a basic hotel located in downtown this a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed for 2 days in June. Hotel is handily located and we were able to walk down town or catch the tram at the end of the street and go out to the Pier. Rooms are old and ours had no outlook, however they are tidy and have sufficient room. Breakfast was provided but we thought it was a bit skimpy with just muffins and pastries and there was a shortage of places to sit. Overall still adequate accommodation reasonably priced compared to others in the same area. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed a few nights during the Nike Women's Marathon weekend in October 2011. The location was perfect as I walked everywhere. I was able to check in early and then leave my bags after checkout as well. Nothing glamorous here people, but it worked very well for my budget-minded self as I was traveling alone.

Yes, the room was small, but the closet was huge and it had everything I needed for my stay. No ice machine was a bit of a pain as I was constantly needing to ice my knee, but the guys at the italian restaurant down the street were awesome enough to fill up a bag for me.

I loved checking out the restaurants on the same street and around the corner. I really enjoyed my trip to San Fran all around.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Denise P
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here mid week in early September. We had booked the room through Expedia and when we got to the motel they did not have our confirmation number. Thankfully they still had a room but charged us their higher rate instead of the rate that we paid through Expedia. And it went downhill from there. The only parking was a garage across the street that we had to pay an extra $23.00 for. We also paid extra for internet in the room Which we could not get to work. The ESL employee at the front desk was absolutely no help. The room was clean but it had a 13" color tv....really? The view from our window was a brick wall about 6 feet away. The absolute worst part of our stay was that the people above us were up all night walking around on what sounded like a hardwood floor, so we ended up getting a horrible nights sleep. In spite of our horribe stay at the Grant, we had a great time in San Francisco. If you plan on going, don't let this motel ruin your stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple