“Descent hotel”
Review of The Grant Hotel

The Grant Hotel
Ranked #131 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Grant Hotel is great located very close to Union square in downstown SF. The rooms are simple but have all you need. Internet connection is available free of charge in the lobby and if you want it in the room it will cost you 7 dollar per day. The staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast was included but was very simple and consisted of cakes and coffee.

If you want a basic hotel located in downtown this a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed for 2 days in June. Hotel is handily located and we were able to walk down town or catch the tram at the end of the street and go out to the Pier. Rooms are old and ours had no outlook, however they are tidy and have sufficient room. Breakfast was provided but we thought it was a bit skimpy with just muffins and pastries and there was a shortage of places to sit. Overall still adequate accommodation reasonably priced compared to others in the same area. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed a few nights during the Nike Women's Marathon weekend in October 2011. The location was perfect as I walked everywhere. I was able to check in early and then leave my bags after checkout as well. Nothing glamorous here people, but it worked very well for my budget-minded self as I was traveling alone.

Yes, the room was small, but the closet was huge and it had everything I needed for my stay. No ice machine was a bit of a pain as I was constantly needing to ice my knee, but the guys at the italian restaurant down the street were awesome enough to fill up a bag for me.

I loved checking out the restaurants on the same street and around the corner. I really enjoyed my trip to San Fran all around.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Denise P
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here mid week in early September. We had booked the room through Expedia and when we got to the motel they did not have our confirmation number. Thankfully they still had a room but charged us their higher rate instead of the rate that we paid through Expedia. And it went downhill from there. The only parking was a garage across the street that we had to pay an extra $23.00 for. We also paid extra for internet in the room Which we could not get to work. The ESL employee at the front desk was absolutely no help. The room was clean but it had a 13" color tv....really? The view from our window was a brick wall about 6 feet away. The absolute worst part of our stay was that the people above us were up all night walking around on what sounded like a hardwood floor, so we ended up getting a horrible nights sleep. In spite of our horribe stay at the Grant, we had a great time in San Francisco. If you plan on going, don't let this motel ruin your stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank joe z
Reviewed September 29, 2012

After reading the reviews on here we were a little worried about the hotel. We arrived before 9am and 'scary chinese' lady who turned out to be perfectly pleasant let us check in early.

The room was spacious and clean. It could do with a little modernisng, but if happened it wouldn't be as cheap! Slept well and the free breakie was good. Great location. All in all, positive experience and wished we'd booked earlier so we could have stayed on the sat too (it was fully booked)

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 23, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed in this otel in Sept 2012. The location is great cable car is at end of block. By a Citypads and you can ride for free to Fisherman 's Wharf. Union square is 4 blocks from hotel. Room was clean and bathroom looked new.Stayed in room 315 was quiet and can see next street. Staff was friendly espically American guy found me an extra pillow. Had a feel like a couple of Victorian Hotels in Europe I have stayed in. Slight smell in hall but not in room.

Room Tip: Get a room that has 15 in it is in back of hotel