“A Nest With A View”

Ranked #17 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
el granada
“A Nest With A View”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent New Year's eve in the view room and we could see the fireworks from our bed, how nice. Parking is easy on the street and the location is indeed excellent along with the great breakfast it was worth the $258 including tax. The issue was no hot water in the shower the next morning and its been awhile since I had a cold shower, not a good way to start the New Year. I liked the seating areas and our room was very clean with a window that opens yes. Also the soap and shampoo could be significantly upgraded for this cost, its far from a five star.

Room Tip: Get the view room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pauditore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this B & B because it was close to our daughter's home but we would, after this experience, stay there in any event. Sheila Ash, the owner and resident lady of the house, is an amazing and interesting person. When we pulled up to the door, my husband and I looked at each other and thought that we might have made a giant mistake in trying to find a place close to our daughter BUT,,,,,,,,,,it was a huge success after all is said and done. We had a lovely, large room, on the second floor and the bed was quite comfy. Storage space was also quite adaquate. The bathroom is a hoot all in itself. Sheila and her staff were extremely helpful and warm as was the wonderful, ":assemble your own" breakfast buffet each of the mornings that we were there. Sheila can make reservations for you at some of the area restaurants and seems to be able to get into some of the most popular of them with just a phone call. The house is something else; lots of stuff around and alot is personal but fun to look at and learn about Sheila and her family too. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Middle room on the second floor with King bed and private bath.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FLgrammy
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great Victorian B&B located in a neighborhood that is close to the culturally rich Mission District, great variety of restaurants, and easy access to other parts of the City. Comfy room and bed, richly decorated and reasonably priced. Had a great breakfast spread as well as a host willing to cook up whatever you wanted. We had a rental car and found free on-street parking close by.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank BTChimera
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We spent the 3 last days in San Francisco at this place. Close to Castro area. We had a great experience. Sheila and Cindy were very nice and friendly and rooms were fantastic! We could experience the Garden Cabana and the View room. Both were charming. The view in the second one was great.
I recommend this place and I can say I miss it! Sheila and Cindy, thank you so much!
And I can't forget to say that breakfast was excellent!

Room Tip: The view room is amazing.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Caio_Br
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed October 17, 2012

You will not forget your stay at Noe's Nest! Very interesting guests, and the staff
( everyone a unique individual) add to the whole experience! The House is like a museum, the breakfasts are plentiful and you are in a unique part of SF; lots of dining options and unique stores. Gives you a totally different vibe when staying in this great city!

Room Tip: Very comfy beds in all rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Diane M
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We are Inn or B&B people. We love meeting the other guests, the hosts, and also enjoy the value. We had full access to the kitchen, the breakfast was superb!! Our host was very helpful with restaurant information, offerred to drive us places, offerred to make reservations for shows, etc. She is a bit eccentric...but we loved that about her and she was so helpful and accomodating. Our room was comfortable and the home was a true victorian with a beautiful garden which was welcome after all the walking in San Francisco.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dakotagirl777
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have very fond memories of Shelia (the innkeeper & Cindi her faithful friend & second manager.

I stayed at this very charming grand old guesthouse at a very vulnerable time. Being just out of hospital I did have special needs. I recieved absolutely compassionate & often benevolent support & understanding from Shelia & Cindi.

Regarding the week or so I stayed at Noe's Nest ! Indeed I will always have fond memories to reflect on for life. I had a wonderful time out socialising with Shelia a lady whom is obviously a a well known living legend SF. I soon forgot all about my aches & pains.

Most importantly of all I made two new very genuine friends for life hence Noe's Nest was so much more than just a place to stay. I will most certainly be back very soon.

I could not possibly recommend Noe's Nest highly enough.

Room Tip: All Rooms seem very comfortable I preferred the street front facing room on level one
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo