“Great Place to Stay in San Francisco” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Noe's Nest Bed and Breakfast

Noe's Nest Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 75 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Great Place to Stay in San Francisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great Victorian B&B located in a neighborhood that is close to the culturally rich Mission District, great variety of restaurants, and easy access to other parts of the City. Comfy room and bed, richly decorated and reasonably priced. Had a great breakfast spread as well as a host willing to cook up whatever you wanted. We had a rental car and found free on-street parking close by.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank BTChimera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We spent the 3 last days in San Francisco at this place. Close to Castro area. We had a great experience. Sheila and Cindy were very nice and friendly and rooms were fantastic! We could experience the Garden Cabana and the View room. Both were charming. The view in the second one was great.
I recommend this place and I can say I miss it! Sheila and Cindy, thank you so much!
And I can't forget to say that breakfast was excellent!

Room Tip: The view room is amazing.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Caio_Br
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

You will not forget your stay at Noe's Nest! Very interesting guests, and the staff
( everyone a unique individual) add to the whole experience! The House is like a museum, the breakfasts are plentiful and you are in a unique part of SF; lots of dining options and unique stores. Gives you a totally different vibe when staying in this great city!

Room Tip: Very comfy beds in all rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Diane M
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We are Inn or B&B people. We love meeting the other guests, the hosts, and also enjoy the value. We had full access to the kitchen, the breakfast was superb!! Our host was very helpful with restaurant information, offerred to drive us places, offerred to make reservations for shows, etc. She is a bit eccentric...but we loved that about her and she was so helpful and accomodating. Our room was comfortable and the home was a true victorian with a beautiful garden which was welcome after all the walking in San Francisco.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dakotagirl777
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have very fond memories of Shelia (the innkeeper & Cindi her faithful friend & second manager.

I stayed at this very charming grand old guesthouse at a very vulnerable time. Being just out of hospital I did have special needs. I recieved absolutely compassionate & often benevolent support & understanding from Shelia & Cindi.

Regarding the week or so I stayed at Noe's Nest ! Indeed I will always have fond memories to reflect on for life. I had a wonderful time out socialising with Shelia a lady whom is obviously a a well known living legend SF. I soon forgot all about my aches & pains.

Most importantly of all I made two new very genuine friends for life hence Noe's Nest was so much more than just a place to stay. I will most certainly be back very soon.

I could not possibly recommend Noe's Nest highly enough.

Room Tip: All Rooms seem very comfortable I preferred the street front facing room on level one
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank ProfessorJadeMc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stay here because it's near our kids. Quirky decor, accommodating hostess. The place is not the cleanest I've ever stayed, the location is okay, Bart a few blocks away, parking very difficult on street. Breakfast reasonable, not great. You have your own keys and come and go as you please. Garden room is delightful. Have to climb sometimes very narrow twisty stairways to get to rooms. Street noise a problem if you are in front rooms of house. It's popular because there's not much in this part of town. On the whole I guess I would say its 3 star with a caution.

Room Tip: Not front of the house. Basement and third floors difficult to get to due to steep narrow stairs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank adnill
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here based on trip advisor reviews.
Breakfast was very average...3 day old omelette put out. (we stayed here 5 days so I KNOW it was old)
Small rooms
The woman running it is a "character"...
Altogether a somewhat weird place.

Nice neighbourhood though.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BenInBritiain
Cindy T, Manager at Noe's Nest Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 23, 2015
It has been a few years since you wrote this, but I wanted you to know that we still care about your comments. We prepare all of the breakfast fresh each day, so it's concerning that you felt that your omelet was left out. This is not a comment that we get very often, and we don't make a habit out of doing that. If you come back to San Francisco, I thought that you give us another chance -- we have improved a lot, even since you left, and we'd love to redeem ourselves.

All the best,