“Mixed response from a party of 7.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus

The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #207 of 5,626 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Geary Street
Transit: - Powell Street BART station. - #30 Stockton Bus (Stockton/Geary stop going south, Kearney/Geary stop going north). - #38 Geary Bus (Stockton/O'Farrell stop going east, Geary/Stockton stop going west).
Houston, Texas
“Mixed response from a party of 7.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were visiting my brother who works in San Francisco right down from Neiman Marcus, so we decided to try this, since we had my daughter and her new baby as well as the dad and his mom. The restaurant is absolutely lovely, with a stunning rotunda ceiling and view, lovely table settings, and comfortable chairs. The popover was nice, but three were burned, and the strawberry butter was delicious. My brother got a lobster pasta, and three of us got lobster bisque which were all very tasty.

My daughter and husband split a cheese plate that cost $20.00 and it was an absolute disgrace. It had five pieces of cheese the size of a Triscuit and a smidgen of jam. Now if these had been some kind of exotic cheeses, the tiny serving and huge price might have been justified, but these were basically California cheeses.

One person got the Baja Salad and thought it wasn't very good, and his mom tried it and agreed. I had the Asian Chicken salad which was delicious, and way more than I could eat. My daughter and I split the ahi tuna poke appetizer, and it also was very refreshing and tasty. Another person got the old reliable Neiman's legendary chicken salad sandwich. She reported it was just as good as it ever was.

The service was impeccable; the waiter attentive, but not intrusive. I'd go there again, but I'd be more careful about what I ordered.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Vancouver
“Good but pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is an excellent department store restaurant which is open for breakfast and lunch only.

The rotunda ceiling and the amazing view over Union Square are reason enough to eat here but the food is very good too, as is the service.

A burger and coffee for two will set you back somewhere north of $50 not including tip, but we felt it was worth it for the food quality, generous portion size, good service and great ambiance.

Visited July 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Fabulous !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Went for Saturday lunch while on holiday in SF, and loved it. The ambiance is great, the food was delicious and the staff were excellent. Went 16 years ago when I was last in SF, and it was good then. The little touches are wonderful, popover and strawberry butter (yummy) put at your table for each person. If that was not enough then comes a little cup with a small pastry, and what tasted to me like clear chicken soup. They were delicious and no charge for these. My aunt had a salad of some sort, she loved it, I adore risotto, so I took the fish with herb crust and tomato risotto which was fabulous! We opted for the jewellery box with cookies, and these came (4) in a silver box with the recipe inside ! A bit more pricey than your everyday cafe/restaurant but well worth it!!! One of the RHOBH,s came in to eat with her family, I was delighted!!!

• Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
“Simple Exquisite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

When most people hear Neiman Marcus, they think of top-quality shopping (out of most people's budgets). The Rotunda on the fourth floor is beautiful. The service was impeccable. The complimentary popover and chicken consomme are also delightful. Three in our party ordered the petrale sole piccata and raved about it (and I'll had they were huge portions). I ordered the turkey sandwich (I know, not every adventurous), but the complement/contrast of flavors/textures was outstanding. The chocolate cake to finish our birthday meal was rich, decadent, and delicious. The one complaint: our friend who made the reservation months in advance and then confirmed twice was told that we couldn't be seated with a window view. After discussion with the host, we were re-seated with a better view, although not one of the highly sought-after window tables. Not sure how one scores a sweet table like that, but seems that even a long-confirmed reservation won't do the trick. If you want a beautiful, up-scale dining experience after enjoying the shoppin in Union Square, you won't be disappointed--that's for sure.

• Visited May 2013
Rocklin, California
“Never Disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

What a treat! Beautiful space - we prefer a window table overlooking Union Square. The popovers and lobster club sandwich is divine. Make a reservation if you want a window table.

• Visited April 2013