I had stayed here on several occasions while on active duty. I was in town for a professional meeting but decided to take some extra days and bring my wife who had never actually seen the sights of San Francisco, only the airport. The hotel is near Union Square and convenient to Chinatown and the business district. The rooms are large and comfortable but do show a little age around the margins. Still a great bargain for the price. The staff is helpful and attentive. Breakfast buffet was included in the room price and extensive. We ate in the 12th floor restaurant one night. The menu is that of a relatively expensive steakhouse such as Ruth Chris's. The portions were large and delicious. Next time we return to SFO , we'll stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is located steps from Union Square and San Francisco's iconic cable cars; walking distance to Chinatown, art galleries, museums and the best shopping district in the city. Built in the 1920's in the Spanish Colonial Revival style, this historic 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, cable TV and a full service health club with indoor swimming pool located on site. Rooftop restaurant and bar overlooking downtown and Union Square. Live piano music Tuesday through Saturday nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco