I have been a member of MMC for about 15 years and have stayed there nearly every time I have been in SF. The club continues to improve, particularly under the newer GM, MajGen Myatt, USMC Retired. The rooms have all been renovated as has the bar and restaurant on the top floor. I have also used their reciprocal clubs in Boston (Union Club) and Washington DC (Army Navy Club). The rooms are very nice, the breakfast buffet plentiful and the pours at happy hour generous. The staff is gracious, some having been there for 25 years. The hotel is in the heart of downtown, a short walk from the Bart and cable cars. The prices are a bargain for downtown SF if you are a member.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is located steps from Union Square and San Francisco's iconic cable cars; walking distance to Chinatown, art galleries, museums and the best shopping district in the city. Built in the 1920's in the Spanish Colonial Revival style, this historic 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, cable TV and a full service health club with indoor swimming pool located on site. Rooftop restaurant and bar overlooking downtown and Union Square. Live piano music Tuesday through Saturday nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco