Marines Memorial Club Hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
$183
$338
$185
  • Pool
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$217
$189
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$309
$279
$237
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$415
$220
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmarine corpsfree happy houractive dutymilitary historytop floorarmed forcesunion squarebreakfast and happy hourprivate clubbreakfast buffetcocktail hourparking garage isbrick wallhealth clubbusiness centerstreet noiseroom rate
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This hotel is a great value! The staff were great, very helpful. Did I mention location? This hotel is in a great location, close to union square. There is a little Italian resturant, mom and pop place, on the corner that had incredible food, wish I could remeber the name.

The room was not fancy and a bit dated but it was clean and comfortable. I intend on staying here again.

Spend some time looking over the Marine historical items, really interesting.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the quiter the room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve K
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've been coming here for 10-years and will keep coming for as long as I can. The place is full of history and will warm the hearts of any Marine, past or present. You could expect to pay a lot more for a similar hotel in San Francisco, but thanks to this being a club they offer great bargains for members. The rooms are very comfortable, with all the modern trimmings, including satellite TV and free Wi-Fi, sophisticated furnishings, very comfortable beds and a bathroom that is like a mini-spa. Staff is friendly and accommodating, although they tend to be very busy because the hotel is packed every night. The lounge on the top floor serves complimentary drinks from 4-6 p.m. with a great view of the San Francisco sky line. The bar tenders are friendly, but like everyone else at this hotel very busy. They also have a piano player who plays most nights. The Club One fitness center on the ground floor is free to hotel guests and is better than any hotel fitness center I have ever seen. They only downside is that the last time I was there the elevator did not go down to the fitness center like it usually does, so I had to walk around outside. Hopefully they are fixing that. Anyway this is well worth a stay if you can get a room, and the location couldn't be better.

Room Tip: The rooms that face Mason Street offer the best views, but Sutter Street is not bad. Try to get one of the upper floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank YukiValdez
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Great location and comfortable rooms. A bit too pricy but still a great option in SFO. Near to Chinatown and Unión Square. The free wine at noon is always a bonus specially after a long walking day, the view at the bar is amazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank monica l
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We have stayed at Marine Memorial about 20 times over the years usually for three or four nights. We like wandering through the halls and reading about the accomplishments of many service members. The rooms come with an okay hot breakfast. A two hour free cocktail hour also comes with your room. Dinner is excellent and the service in the bar and restaurant are of high quality. At the desk employees go above and beyond what is expected.
The hotel is old and efforts are always going on to improve the building. Because we are benefactors to the Memorial we always get upgraded to the best available room and often have 800 square foot rooms or larger. The rooms have everything needed but are tired and the whole hotel could use a major make over.
Even with these factors we still rate it as high as the people experience is so good.
If going to San Francisco for a few days leave your car somewhere else. We always take the ferry in and walk,take cabs and public transportation. With a car there is nowhere to park and it is about $40 per day.
The hotel has a gym , large military library, and many conference rooms. We like that they give very low rates to active military members, much lower than other hotels with similar quality.

Room Tip: Become a benefactor for a very worthwhile memorial. Get the highest room available.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cgeidl
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I attended a conference at this hotel in November 2013. The hotel has a perfect location very near to Union Square and China Town. The bellman/concierge were excellent. I really don't have much else positive to say, unfortunately. Whatever the opposite of customer service is, that is what I experienced here. I arrived shortly before my conference was scheduled to begin, around 10am. I stood at the front desk to attempt to check in for probably 5 minutes while I watched two different receptionists check their email and chat with each other before even being acknowledged. When a third receptionist finally walked out and greeted me, one of the other two hopped in to help. When she checked me in, she informed me that my room would not be available until check in at 3pm. I have a hard time believing that the hotel was completely sold out with no rooms available until then, but ok. When I finally got my room, it was old and in need of renovation. No outlets near the bed - really?! I also dined at the restaurant on the 12th floor and had horrible and slow service there as well. There are many hotels in the vicinity of this one, I will try another next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business