This is a great centrally located hotel with pretty good competitve prices for the area. I had a room on the 8th floor on the backside of the building. The only downside was that my windows faced the brick wall of the building next door so it was a little dark. Saying that - if you are in SF you shouldn't be spending that much time in your room during the day.
The hotel was quiet at night and except for the lovely early morning garbage trucks where you get anywhere in downtown SF I wasn't awoken by a sound.
They must have been in the middle of changing out all of the linens in the hotel because I came back to my room one day and there were fresh new much nicer linens that what my trip started with.
Perks - free wifi, free receiption from 4-6pm each day up in the restaurant area on the 12th floor which has some great views and free breakfast each day which is average in hotel terms.
I would stay here again if I came back to the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is located next to Union Square and San Francisco's iconic cable cars; walking distance to Chinatown, art galleries, museums and the best shopping district in the city. Built in the 1920's in the Spanish Colonial Revival style, this historic 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, cable TV and a full service health club with indoor swimming pool located on site. Rooftop restaurant and bar overlooking downtown and Union Square. Live piano music Tuesday through Saturday nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco