I have been coming to the MMC since the 1950's! Many changes over many years. The club is trying to capture more of the convention & tourist market. We stay frequently as members of this club, but have had up an down experiences. This last stay was the first time out of 3 recent stays that we actually got the room we requested, tho we had reserved in July for Nov.
The location is the best thing about the club, perfect for walking everywhere.
Breakfast is not the best in the world with loads of starch...and no bacon!!!
Cocktail time is very generous, tho often there is no place to sit down..
need to re think this one and go to a 2 drink system...
We have eaten in the restaurant 2 times and will try again, service needs sprucing up, we had guests and the dinner side plates did not get cleared at all from the table! ugh! some of the dishes are quite good some very average for the prices...
We use the club because of the location. Its is fairly basic and don't expect and glitz...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is just off Union Square and the cable car next to art galleries and museums. Built in the 1920's the 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, cable TV and access to full service health club with indoor swimming pool. Rooftop restaurant and bar overlooking downtown and Union Square. Live piano music Tuesday through Saturday night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco