Stayed here with my two brothers, one of which is in the Coast Guard. So he was able to pull in the military rate. This hotel was really fantastically placed, it was a short walk to many many bars and restaurants.
The hotel is definitely "historic" or some may say dated, but I really think it depends on your age and perception of what this hotel represents. I know that many may have a different term for it, but it is definitely brimming with history so you have to take it for what it is. There are fantastic and large ball rooms on the upper floors with wonderful views of the city, my brother and I snuck up there to check it out and see the sights. It was a wonderful place to have a great conversation as we watched the sun come up :) so great. There is a library and military accoutrements all over, it is really a museum and a feast for the eyes.
The room was great, there was a sink area outside the actual showering and bathing area, which was perfect for us gals that can be putting our face on while someone else showers. The king suite was huge, there was even a conference/board room table in there along with a king size bed, and pull out sofa. We could have invited 17 more people to come stay with us and conducted a meeting in the midst of that haha. It was lovely and so was the service.
If you stay here, please, please, please remember to be respectful because this is a place that pays homage to the armed forces who sacrifice to protect and serve our country. If you are looking for a hotel to come back to after your drink fest and trash the place, stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is located steps from Union Square and San Francisco's iconic cable cars; walking distance to Chinatown, art galleries, museums and the best shopping district in the city. Built in the 1920's in the Spanish Colonial Revival style, this historic 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, cable TV and a full service health club with indoor swimming pool located on site. Rooftop restaurant and bar overlooking downtown and Union Square. Live piano music Tuesday through Saturday nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco