All reviewscity hallcivic centerperforming artstime sharehard boiled eggscontinental breakfastasian art museumfresh fruitboutique hotelpublic transportationeuropean style hotelsitting roomsmall hotelthere is no air conditioningvalet parkingcoffee makersmall fridge
Reviewed March 13, 2013

OK...this review is for the service provided to me when I called to make a reservation at the Inn At the Opera (Part I).

Absolutely wonderful hotel employee named Dan! While I could have made (or not) my reservation online, I really wanted to see how I would be treated over the phone. From my past experience, the customer service you receive on the phone speaks directly to the service you will receive when you are AT the hotel!

Dan had a big "smile" on his face. I could hear it loud and clear. Delightful young man who answered all my questions patiently. We come to the City often and typically stay in the Marina but wanted to be in Civic Center (Asian Art Museum) this trip. There is no doubt our stay is going to be excellent of all the staff are like Dan!

Stay tuned for my review of our stay (Part II).

Oh, and thanks, Dan!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank UCDavisTraveler
SeanPierson, Manager at Inn at the Opera, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thanks for the "pre-review" of the Inn! I am sure that the "outstanding service" will continue when you do arrive.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We are spending the week here on a last minute timeshare exchange. It is a next door to the San Francisco Ballet and a block from the city hall. The symphony and opera are also close by. There are nice restaurants a few blocks from here and the buses and trolleys are less than 10 min walk to take you to the Wharf, Union Square, etc. We have not seen our car since we got here last Sat. The valet parking is $28.50 ($25+ tax). We thought it was expensive until we saw the prices at other places. Oh well, this is San Francisco after all,..
The staff here are great: the front desk and the restaurant staff are very friendly and helpful: the continental breakfast is included, there is quite a variety of muffins, bagels, croissants, fruit, boiled eggs, yogurt and cereals...juice as well as coffee and tea.
Our room is quite small (makes you go out and explore what the city has to offer!) There is a microwave, small fridge and a few dishes for snacks and drinks evenings or coffee while you are getting ready to go for breakfast. Despite the size of the room I would come here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was my first time in SF and found this hotel through a locator service. Great deal for the money, friendly staff and excellent service. The room I was in was small, but well-appointed with amenities, and immaculate. I have no hesitation with recommending to anyone looking to be near the east end of the city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my second visit to the Inn at the Opera. My husband and I stayed in the small Ballet room and it was small and efficient except for the tiny closet! Breakfast buffet offered excellent choices. Restaurant's menu was Scandinavian which was too specific for our tastes so we didn't eat there. The Inn's location is fantastic if you are interested in a cultural vacation. It's located next to the ballet, close to the opera, the symphony and the Asian Art Museum, as well as the renowned City Hall. The Hayes Valley neighbourhood has a good variety of restaurants and boutiques. Public transportation is only 2 blocks away. The staff are remarkably friendly and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Naomi P
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The inn at the opera is a wonderful hotel in a great area, it is less than a block away from the bus stop to go right to fisherman's wharf and near the ferry building marketplace. The staff at the inn at the opera did an amazing job, I could guarantee every morning I would go down to the breakfast hearing many good mornings and hello, I would recommend the inn at the opera to anybody going to San Francisco.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I am very glad to hear that the staff made you feel welcome, and hope that you will return to enjoy it again!