All reviewscity hallcivic centerperforming artstime sharehard boiled eggscontinental breakfastasian art museumfresh fruitboutique hotelpublic transportationeuropean style hotelsitting roomsmall hotelthere is no air conditioningvalet parkingcoffee makersmall fridge
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was my first time in SF and found this hotel through a locator service. Great deal for the money, friendly staff and excellent service. The room I was in was small, but well-appointed with amenities, and immaculate. I have no hesitation with recommending to anyone looking to be near the east end of the city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my second visit to the Inn at the Opera. My husband and I stayed in the small Ballet room and it was small and efficient except for the tiny closet! Breakfast buffet offered excellent choices. Restaurant's menu was Scandinavian which was too specific for our tastes so we didn't eat there. The Inn's location is fantastic if you are interested in a cultural vacation. It's located next to the ballet, close to the opera, the symphony and the Asian Art Museum, as well as the renowned City Hall. The Hayes Valley neighbourhood has a good variety of restaurants and boutiques. Public transportation is only 2 blocks away. The staff are remarkably friendly and knowledgeable.

1  Thank Naomi P
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The inn at the opera is a wonderful hotel in a great area, it is less than a block away from the bus stop to go right to fisherman's wharf and near the ferry building marketplace. The staff at the inn at the opera did an amazing job, I could guarantee every morning I would go down to the breakfast hearing many good mornings and hello, I would recommend the inn at the opera to anybody going to San Francisco.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
SeanPierson, Manager at Inn at the Opera, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I am very glad to hear that the staff made you feel welcome, and hope that you will return to enjoy it again!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was our first time at the Inn at the Opera and we were so happy with the service and the staff. Everyone was so nice and accomadating throughout our weeks stay. We recommend this small boutique hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: We recommend a little larger room. Ours was the Ballet Suite and it was a little small so the next size room would be better.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Found this boutique property through our timeshare company and rented rather than exchange - for a combined business and pleasure trip. Located between government and residential districts to avoid the constant activity of a downtown hotel. Convenient walk to BART and the more user friendly MUNI system. Great neighborhood restaurant selection within safe walking distance. If you like historic properties with modern amenities, you will find this to your taste. Open stair connects six floors and charming historic elevator accommodates the climbing challenged.

Room Tip: Suites toward the center of the floor plan are compact. Choose front or back for privacy and views. There is no A/C but who needs it in San Francisco?
2  Thank j m