Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Zelos San Francisco(San Francisco)
The Mosser(San Francisco)
  • Pool
Palace Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Herbert Hotel(San Francisco)
Villa Florence(San Francisco)
1,728 results
All reviewssports clubmarket streetequinox gymmkt restauranthealth clubroom servicein room diningunion squareluxury hotelthe ritzhotel guestsfitness centerconcierge deskcorner roombusiness hotelferry buildingthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights during a recent west coast road trip. We got the '3 nights, get 1 free' deal and we used credit card points to pay for it, so the stay at a really nice hotel would be "free".

There is no denying the hotel is wonderful. Everything is elegant and the rooms are very nice and roomy. We were upgraded to a corner room so we had a great view. The staff were very nice and helpful, and the bellman/valet were very professional and didn't seem like they were offended if you didn't tip them enough (like I noticed in Vegas). Everything was wonderful.

The only negative for me are the extra charges for parking and internet. I realize for the nicer hotels they typically charge you for these extras, but parking was $50 a night plus another $8 fee, so it was $58 a night! That, in my opinion, is a ridiculous amount!!! Over 3 nights we ended up having to pay a bill of $290 just for parking, internet, and 1 meal in the restaurant.

Other than that it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Stayed during the July long weekend and fell in love with this hotel. The Four Seasons lived up to its reputation in every possible way.

Checked in early at around 11 a.m. not expecting a room until later on; however, service was prompt and the front desk immediately showed me to a room without making a fuss. In fact, it was only upon checkout that I found out they had upgraded me from a Superior room to a Premium room in order to accommodate my early check in. I liked that the person who checked me in did not make a fuss and did not make a huge presentation of upgrading me.

The room was large and comfortable. Housekeeping was very competent; forgot to lock up my jewelry and did not have to worry that any would be missing. Turndown service was also very efficient. My only complaint would be the lack of complimentary bottled water. The Ritz Carlton would display them freely and replenish as needed; at the Four Seasons, only one bottle was provided during turndown.

The location was convenient and easily accessible to Union Square and other attractions. Everything was within walking distance... providing great exercise without having to go to the gym!

The gym is an external sports club, so there is no 24 hour access. However, it does have great classes and the equipment are state-of-the-art. The business center in the hotel provides complimentary internet access for an hour each day, which is sufficient for me to check in quickly with the office.

All staff were polite and helpful. Service was efficient and I had a feeling that I was well-taken care of. Doormen would always greet me and call a taxi for me. Those at the Concierge Desk were very helpful with directions and recommendations. Front Desk always greeted me with a smile and provided me with whatever I needed. I particularly appreciate them for being polite, but not over friendly or intrusive by asking me personal questions.

Highly recommend the hotel for all visiting San Francisco. (The only reason I gave a four star for value is due to my inherent reluctance to pay almost $500 a night for any hotel room.)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank DDatYVR
Reviewed July 5, 2010

great help from concierge, really helped us everywhere,

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank e-pe1
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Hotel is really good. Service is excellent. Room are nice but not amazing. Location is perfect, not really nice if you are on leisure trip, but excellent for business trip. The restaurant is also good. suggest hotel

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Everything you would expect from the Four Seasons in terms of comfort and luxury and amenities, but I love the added bonus of the Sports Club LA in the building. When traveling on business, I like to try to keep up my usual schedule as much as I can, and hopping off the plane and heading straight for a familiar gym is amazing. I would stay here every time I travel for business in San Fran if I could.

As an aside, I was there for a conference and thought the banquet halls were perfectly nice and the food and service was outstanding.

(I wouldn't say the hotel is overly romantic or charming, so if I was traveling with my husband I might stay elsewhere.)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business