“Incredible!”

Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #12 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
“Incredible!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Fabulous stay at this hotel. I appreciate the attention to detail, the friendly and helpful staff. The hotels are always so quiet and smell fresh and clean. I hope to return to the SF Four Seasons again soon. I would love to bring my family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Four Seasons San Francisco. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you and your family soon.

Doug Housley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco is a beautiful hotel well located in the downtown financial district. It's easy to walk to all of the best shopping in the city, restaurants, the Ferry Building and the Embarcadero. The cable cars are close by to explore Nob Hill and other areas. The staff goes above and beyond on every level...front desk, concierge, wait staff, bartenders...the doormen even remembered our names! The public areas are elegant & tasteful. Our deluxe city view room on a high floor was large, comfortable, and well-appointed. We enjoyed the bar @ MKT...a very lively scene. The restaurant MKT was terrific too...we took breakfast there every day during our one week stay & dinner too was excellent. We liked the fact that it is primarily a business hotel...therefore the public areas, restaurant, etc were not filled with screaming children.

Room Tip: High floors offer the best view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive comments. I am happy hear you enjoyed our new restaurant MKT. We hope to see you next time you return to San Francisco.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

My recent visit to the Four Seasons San Francisco was great. The hotel is conveniently located a couple blocks from Union Square and the trolley car pick up.

The room was excellent. The bed was very comfortable. I had a great view of the city and the room had a window seat, which was a nice touch. It is connected to a great gym on the 4th floor that has a basketball court, swimming pool, weight room and cardio machines.

The hotel met my high expectations for it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy the famous trolly cars. We hope to have you join us in San Francisco again soon.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Enjoyed my stay for a brief business trip. Conveniently located close to Union Square for a quick shopping dash. Higher levels and South facing are quieter, but less interesting view. Just one block from Powell BART station if you don't want to spend on taxi to get to/from SFO airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. Please come visit us in San Francisco again soon.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend for a conference held at the hotel. I had a deluxe view room which was very nice although the view was not great as the hotel is surrounded by other tall buildings. Excellent service and the food they served at the conference was delicious. The location is great for exploring all of the shops and sights of downtown. Less than one block to the BART train that takes you to the airport. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing us as your home away from home We look forward to seeing you again during San Francisco's next big convention, if not sooner.

New England
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Everything went smoothly during our stay. We checked out the hotel bar, restaurant, concierge, room service, fitness center, & pool. All of the staff were knowledgeable, polite, engaging and delightful! This hotel was located in a perfect central area near the convention center and shopping!.
The only encounter we had that shocked us was that the hotel spa preferred not to give a massage to me since I had a small basal cell carcinoma removed from my scalp the month before my vacation. Really?
I reassured them it would be fine since it was removed and I had a doctor's okay but I was only allowed a "light" massage and even then getting the "permission" to give a "person with cancer" a massage took away 15 minutes of my allotted time. Really? The cashier apologized and took off 20% but I could not believe how awful I felt...as if having to deal with the surgery wasn't traumatizing enough. These folks make you feel like a leper.

Room Tip: The room layout all seem the same, I have not seen other views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ShellBoss
Marlboro, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Its a beautiful hotel, very comfortable and clean with a great bathroom. The hotel staff was very accomodating, the concierge booked reservations for restaurants and day trips too. They even had a car to take us to the restaurant, and that was a courtesy. The gym and spa area looked great, my husband enjoyed doing laps in the pool, while I enjoyed the great shopping area just a very short walk from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. Please come visit us again soon.