“The perfect choice”

Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #16 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed August 25, 2012

After finally deciding to book the Four Seasons for our stay in San Francisco I could not have not have been happier with the experience.
From the time we arrived the service was exceptional. The room was fantastic and a big thank you to Andreas who organized this for us. This was a special trip for my wife and I and the staff did everything possible to make this a special memory.Also Paige in Conceirge went out of her way to get tickets for the Alcatraz tour, which are difficult to get. I highly recommend the Four Seasons.
The view from the room was brilliant. We were on the 14th floor corner room. The Four Seasons is central to everything you need. Shopping, Union Square, Cable cars,F-Line and restaurants.
This was one of the highlights of our trip.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

"Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. I am sure the entire Concierge team will appreciate your very kind words and feedback.
Doug Housley"

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Great location, wonderful room and as always excellent Four Seasons service. Of the hotels we have stayed at in San Francisco this is the best. The rooms are excellent, light and comfortable. The restaurant is superb. Close to great shopping and restaurants this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

"Thank you for taking the time and writing about your recent experience with us here in San Francisco. We are excited to hear that you had a great time with us and hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future. "

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Once again staying at the Four seasons S.F. was care-free, relaxing, and a great place for my wife and I to celebrate my 60th birthday. Our room was immaculate on arrival and kept that way throughout our 3-night stay. The staff had that "can-do" attitude regarding directions, dining options, etc. Once we arrive, we park the car and can get to whatever we need by walking. A nice addition is the "violet" happy hour that starts at 9pm, so you can go into the lounge after dinner or a show when it is mellower, and have a drink or dessert, or both.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Jewish Museum side are quieter, but you won't have the view of bustling Market St.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

"Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We will certainly share your insight's with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon, even if it is only to the Violet Hour which is great to hear you enjoyed."

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I sometimes find that employees at luxury hotels are on autopilot with their greetings and demeanor. Fortunately, after spending three nights at The Four Seasons, i can say that each employee I met seemed to be truly interested in making my stay perfect and really made me feel special.

The location is second to none. On Market Street and steps from everything, On days when I did not want to eat breakfast at the hotel, within a one minute walk were a bakery and three coffee stores. Of course, the hotel served complimentary coffee, lattes and espressos, so I'm not sure why anyone would want to go out for coffee.

The rooms are bright, spacious and modern, and most importantly, quiet! My first impression walking into my room was how calm and relaxing it looked. The colors are soft shades of blue with a wonderful pure white down comforter and duvet. The bed had just the right amount of firmness but super comfy and I really liked the down pillows as well. I suppose if you wan a faux antique look you can check into the Ritz but I appreciated the contemporary decor and relaxed elegance. The bathroom was huge with a separate room for the commode . The shower was amazing and the water stayed hot and consistent at all times.

My only minor issue was with the elevators. When arriving, you must take an elevator to the 5th floor lobby, then walk around the corner to another elevator that served the hotel floors. Sounds like no big deal but changing elevators gets tired after a while. I get that this design perhaps improves security, and that this was my only issue in four days is pretty amazing.

The rates at some of the nearby hotels wasn't much less, so I think the Four Seasons represented a good value as well. You can't go wrong. Overall, A++.

Room Tip: The Premiere rooms add an extra 30 sf to the Deluxe rooms and this makes a difference if your budget...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Reldim

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is expensive, but I can't wait to come back. The location is fabulous, close to shops, great restaurants, and more.

I had a premium room and it was spacious and just wonderful. I had a lovely corner room on the 16th floor, #1609, which made for wonderful views of the bay, golden gate bridge and downtown.

The bathroom is large and has a separate shower and wonderful soaking tub..I took a bath each day and haven't taken an actual bath in years.

Bed was comfortable, large TV and work desk. My only complaints are that a coffee maker in the room would be much appreciated. Lesser hotels offer this and it would be a welcome convenience. They do offer coffee and tea and espresso/cappucino in the lobby each morning though.

The other complaint is the internet service. It was expensive, and unreliable. I had to call tech support to get the speed up to normal and that was after paying extra for fast speed. However the tech guy was great and got me fixed up. Next day though, it was a little slow again, so just be aware if you plan to work via internet.

My favorite extra....the slippers, so soft and comfy.

Room service was excellent too....fast and delicious and service everywhere was very friendly.

I ate several times at Seasons and had room service a few times, standout items were:

Breakfast.....the breakfast burrito...outstanding, with chicken sausage, caramelized onions, avocado, potatoes and scrambled eggs and pico de gallo on side. Still dreaming about this it was so good.

The tuna tartare appetizer is out of this world, one of the best if not the best I've had anywhere. The mix of flavors is so good, a salty soy dressing around fresh tuna, avocado and other seasonings that just worked so well. I had this and the tomato soup for lunch....I'd get the tuna again in a second. Tomato soup wasn't my favorite version.

Second lunch I had the crab louie which was just ok. Probably because I'd had an amazing one the day before at Swan Depot....which was recommended and I knew it was going to be good when I stood in line for 45 minutes and got there at a few minutes before noon. The difference, Swan Depot had huge chunks of fresh dungeness crab atop a bed of lettuce with dressing. At Seasons, they mix the crab with the lettuce, and it was a very different texture. I probably wouldn't get it there again. However, I did have dessert that day, and it was amazing, an almond cake with cherry filling and vanilla ice cream on top. Amazing.

Another room service meal was truffle french fries (which could serve several rooms, the size was so large!) and duck confit spring rolls. Loved the fries, will definitely get those again.

I do look forward to staying here again. It was a wonderful, quiet oasis!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, the views rock! See pics for views of room 1609
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank pamcl

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The SF Four Seasons was a great experience in every way. The concierge, Joe, was outstanding. He suggested and secured reservations at some of the top restaurants in SF. He responded to email requests in a timely manner and really went out of his way to make sure we were happy with everything.
Also, the sports club associated with hotel was fantastic. It was the largest club I've ever seen, had wonderful equipment and great yoga and aerobics instructors. Great addition to the hotel amenities. Also, the location of the hotel on Market Street was quiet and accessible to Union Square and all modes of transportation. Great place!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BarbNY

Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We will certainly share your insight's with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. I will also be sure to share with Joe and the Sports Club your review and comments.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

First of all, the location is fantastic for a shopping visit or for sightseeing as virtually everything is within walking distance and is very close to public transportation. There is an incredible sports facility included which offers a plethora of classes, all of which are complimentary. The rooms were immaculate and very quiet. Service was exemplary. Only one negative for me--no in-room coffee or tea service. Room service in the AM can take 30-45 minutes which was torture as I am used to quickly making that first coffee. If they add Keurigs, the place would be unbeatable in my book. Also, if you are there Sunday or Monday, the restaurant is closed for dinner. Try the lounge for an great deal--custom burgers, a side and a class of wine for $20. Very nice selection of wines by the glass and that price cannot be beaten in the city!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Finediner17
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

General Manager Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco