“Beautiful hotel, great service”

Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #12 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful hotel, great service”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I stayed at the Four Seasons in San Francisco in November 2010 during a business trip. During my stay, I spent a lot of time in the hotel and attended meetings in the ballroom and conference rooms. Overall, it's a lovely hotel, with the sophistication and good service you would expect from a Four Seasons.

If you're driving to the hotel, it can be a little difficult to access the entrance. You'll make a series of turns to get around the side of the hotel, then drive down a poorly marked alley to reach the valet area. You can either valet or park in an adjacent self-park garage. Once parked, registration was quick and easy. I was given a south-facing room on an upper floor, with a nice view towards AT&T park. The room itself was quite nice. Decor was subdued and elegant and the room was spacious and clean. It was very quiet and I was able to get an undisturbed night's sleep.

During my stay at the Four Seasons, service was excellent. Every single staff member that I spoke with was helpful and personable. The food (both banquet food in the ballroom and room service food) was great, although certainly not inexpensive. I had no problems at all during my stay. The only real criticism I could give here is that the hotel doesn't have a lot of personality. There's nothing unique or interesting going on here-- just solid, traditional elegance. I'd definitely stay here again if someone else was paying for it!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2011

The hotel looked a little dated and uninspiring on their website. Was pleasantly surprised that it looked much better in person and very high quality. Staff were friendly and everything happened smoothly.....a rare feat in travel these days, sadly.

Views were nothing special, but the suite was a very nice size. Booked through AmEx. Definitely appreciated the upgrade and the amenity they offer. Not a huge spa person so those usually go wasted, but a food & beverage credit was definitely handy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I was there for business. I got a little time off and the concierge was very helpful getting me to a secluded Italian restaurant by Washington Square. You don't feel rushed, nice little winebar. There is a beautiful park (MLK) behind the hotel. It is 5 blocks from the Piers. 2 blocks from the cable cars. Great sleep. Bed was comfortable. They gave me a handicapped room because I was there early. I was willing to give it up. What i would expect from a 4 seasons. Before I forget the fitness center was LA Fitness, best fitness center I have experienced!! Everything you can need and more there.

Room Tip: Get a view of the water.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed May 4, 2011

This is a quiet hotel off Market Street in San Francisco. You take an elevator to the lobby and a separate elevator to your guest room. It has a very exclusive feel to it.

The hotel bar is very comfortable and luxurious. I was at this hotel on business and it the bar was a great place for casual business conversations.

The guest rooms are clean and very well appointed. The bathrooms are huge and equally impressive.

This resort isn't "over the top" with its luxury, but like the title of this reviews says, you can't go wrong at the Four Seasons.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 31, 2011

... And they stil want you to pay $14.99 for 24 hours of Internet? This smacks of cheapness and just gives the impression that you're being ripped off. It costs fifty bucks A MONTH to get it in my home. That's a 900 percent markup.

Aside from that, it's a jolly nice hotel and I'd reccomend it to anyone with a company credit card or money to burn

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank Grizzly78
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I recently stayed at The Four Seasons in SF for the second time & had an amazing time! I arrived early around 11:30a, & of course, my room was ready & the check-in experience w/ Nick was quick, efficient & welcoming. The first time I stayed at the hotel I faced Market St which was very quiet & a nice view of the streets below, but when I made my reservation w/ the hotel, I requested to be on the opposite side of the hotel just to see the difference in views. I really loved the view this time. My room (1522) had a spectacular view of the city, ocean & mountains- I could also see the Yerba Buena Gardens & MOMA SF. The rooms at the hotel are incredibly silent--you can't hear anything- the windows are very well-insulated which is really appreciative when traveling far. The king bed is amazing- so comfortable & instantly engulfing with really soft sheets & good pillows:) The closet is spacious, the bathroom is quite large, with a separate area for the toilet, an indulgent deep-soaking tub, nice shower & plenty of counter space with the typical L'Occitane toiletries that all Four Seasons provide. Very nice bathroom overall!! the desk area is spacious with a cool lamp, the TV was perfect reception & several channels, the carpet is super soft & comfortable to walk on, & I love the color scheme, which has shades of yellow which are really mellow & soothing to me. The entire room was warm, comfy & understated- perfect for me! I love the rooms at the hotel. The service is generally great....Joel at the Front Desk was awesome- super friendly, incredibly quick & a pleasure to speak with! the Room service staff, including Mike, Catherine & Rolland were great- very friendly, always willing to take special orders (i was craving a BLT & they made a great sandwich!!--the truffle fries are also insanely good:) & the service was really fast. I never waited very long for any of my orders. the next morning I ordered breakfast & had the most delicious Freshly Squeezed Orange, Pineapple, Papaya Juice, which was the Juice of the day- amazing! the Concierges are very knowledgeable & patient- a great team of people! The location is perfect! Near a BART metro, Union Sq. Shopping, the Ferry Building, SOMA, etc. I adore & love this hotel- it's always so comfortable & nice & welcoming to come back here every time I visit San Francisco- it feels like home when I'm this far away from New York!

Best,
Patrick Winkler
NYC

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights and had a great time. The service was excellent and the rooms were beautiful and equipped with everything you might need. I was pleased we had chosen this location as it was within relatively easy reach of all the sights. We felt it was a nicer area to stay than Fisherman's wharf. It was also very near all the shops which was great! We ate in the hotel a couple of times and had a lovely meal both times. The breakfast (we had room service) was fantastic.

We'd definitely return again if we were in San Francisco.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple