Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
$179
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$209
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$237
$188
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$257
$200
  • Restaurant
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$256
$218
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$399
$189
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
$405
$389
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$265
$212
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
1,729 results
All reviewssports clubmarket streetequinox gymmkt restauranthealth clubroom servicein room diningunion squareluxury hotelthe ritzhotel guestsfitness centerconcierge deskcorner roombusiness hotelferry buildingthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2007

The problem with the FS - SF is that it is a hard comparison to the other properties in the chain. I expect perfection when i stay.
We spent 4 nights this past weekend. Our flight was delayed - we arrived at 2 am. Our room was ready (really thank goodness) The front desk man told us that we had a "premier" room. I am not sure what was premier about it.(we did have a view of market st ). For a FS the room was not large. Color scheme was neutral (a little too neutral) and the artwork on the walls was sparse. Furniture was a tiny bit worn. All these things could be overlooked at almost any other chain.
The bathroom was as usual lovely. Four seasons always is the benchmark in hotel bathrooms.
The public rooms are delightful. Beautifully decorated with original artworks (not all to my taste -but money was spent on it). Food at the restaurant and room service was excellent.
Service was very good. My boyfriend called the concierge to find a wine store in Berkeley- 15 minutes later an envelope with directions was under our door.
The location couldn't be beat. I will be staying at the FS the next time but next time with more realistic expectations.

1  Thank roar_03
Reviewed October 1, 2007

We stayed at The Four Seasons for two nights (9/28-9/29) and while generally the hotel was fine, we didn't really experience the great service that the other reviews raved about. We arrived 15 minutes before check-in time to find that our room was not ready, but we were told it would be ready within 15--45 minutes and that we would be "upgraded." (We had originally requested non-smoking room with a king bed.) When we were shown to our room one hour later, we were given a SMOKING room (complete with several ashtrays) that was extremely small. (If this was an upgrade, I can't even imagine what our original room would have been--A utility closet?) The room was clean and comfortable, but it reeked of cigarette smoke, much like a Las Vegas hotel room. Because we had waited so long to get the room and we were only staying two nights, we decided to stick it out rather than requesting a switch.
That evening while we were waiting for a cab in front of the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised when an employee ushered us to the back of the hotel to be driven to our restaurant in the hotel's town car. Unfortunately, once we made it to the area where we were supposed to enter the car, another employee apologized for the mix up, explaining that the car couldn't take us because our restaurant was outside the hotel's one-mile radius and that we would need to head back out front to try for a cab again. This was irritating, to say the least.
The next day after we returned from the day's activities, we discovered that our room had not been cleaned and our breakfast dishes were still there. We called housekeeping and waited, but 30 minutes later we called again. After the second call, housekeeping arrived promptly.
We did have good luck with turn down service and room service and all the staff we encountered were extremely polite.
I think it was a fine place to stay in that it was clean and had a nice location, however the service was spotty and the room was small and not luxurious--For that much money I expect great service, not just average. We will not be staying there again.

3  Thank gusandlola
Reviewed September 28, 2007

Started our USA road trip with 4 nights in the FS San Fran & was very happy that we did.
Rooms are huge even by american standards and those special little FS touches are all evident.

1. Got upgraded on arrival to a corner room, not such a good view but then again I dont think many of the rooms have one.

2. If you're jetlagged & up at strange hours, there is coffee & delicious little muffins on offer down near the reservations desk.

3. Location of the hotel is excellent, close to all the shops, esp a big shopping centre (West-something or other) that has a GREAT food hall in the basement with massive organic market - good alternative to eating in the hotel.

4. Bellboy recommended a winery in Napa - V. Sattui - honestly if you do no other wineries make sure you visit this one. They have a great outside area where they serve barbequed bits & bobs, you can buy all the salads / drinks / desserts from their shop. Make sure to taste their award winning Rose - I'm not a wine fan but I could have drunk that bty the gallon.

5. Have breakfast at least once in the FS, their pancakes are to die for. Plus the restaurant has a great view.

Am going back next year for a wedding in SF and will definitely be booking the Four Seasons again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank peanut_costello
Reviewed September 20, 2007

I stayed at the Four Seasons in San Francisco for two nights this week and had an excellent experience. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were nice. The room was larger than I expected and had a great view of Market STreet. The breakfast I ordered was probably one of the best room service meals I've ever had and the staff was great. One of the bonuses of this hotel is access to the LA Fitness in the building which is an excellent workout center. The hotel is in a great location to reach all the shopping in Union Square. There were free coffee and mini-muffins (if you woke up early enough to get them before they were gone) in the lobby and free newspapers (WSJ and FT), as well. I'll definitely stay at this place again.

2  Thank shirleynjtx
Reviewed September 2, 2007

Honestly I had great expectation for the Four Season San Francisco and my stay has been not very satisfactory. Booked a typical FS Deluxe Room with a nice wiew. Small TV with no Plasma , no w-lan service in the rooms , bathroom nice but not more than this... Had several problems with the Management , very noisy room , service not similar to other FS hotels. So sorry to say but the RItz Carlton in San Francisco is a better hotel and next time I will stay at the Ritz..

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple