Omni San Francisco Hotel
Ranked #2 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I spent two days at the Omni. The first conduction business, but the second playing tourist. I loved the hotel. It is located perfectly allowing me to walk to my business appointments nearby, and then to play tourist. It is within easy walking reach of China Town and the Financial district. Restaurants everywhere, and a bonus in that all the galleries were open Friday evening for First Friday Art walk. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mutinousdog
Write a ReviewReviews (5,469)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Outstanding service with clean and spacious (by city standards) rooms in that are in good condition. The hotel is decorated in traditional style but is not 'old and dated' ; finishings are new and in good condition.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was the perfect place to stay for my first trip to San Fran. It was close enough to both of the offices that I visited while there for work and it was also convenient to the sites that I visited. The Omni's bed was the most phenomenal place to rest after a long day of work and play! Awesome time!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Omni Hotel in the financial district is pleasant, traditional, and best suited to the business traveler, not a tourist. I stay here frequently. The rooms are clean, tidy and on the small size. It is located across from the Bank of America building on California. Tourists should stay closer to Union Square or the Wharf.

Room Tip: Stay facing the interior courtyard to have a quiet room.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is old style class at what I consider to be a very "regular" price. You can still priceline these rooms on occasions for some amazing deals, but considering the location and venue, this place is well within the reasonable zone even at normal prices.

Being greeted through the front door with champagne will always get you an extra star in my book.

But through and through, this place was a delight. The quality of the furnishings and appointments are all above, as is the knowledge and service.

Room Tip: all rooms are suites, getting above the 6th floor will get you away from the road noise.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My Wife and I were extremely happy with our stay at the Omni on our 20th anniversary. The front desk and concierge went above and beyond to congratulate us -- including a strawberry plate and champagne. Wow! The valet parking and handling of our luggage was efficient. We would rate our experience at the Omni on par with a 5 star hotel like the Ritz or Four Seasons. We had seen great reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. All Omni employees we dealt with -- from front desk, bell hop, concierge -- were all friendly and service-oriented. I would recommend anyone looking for a central downtown location for business or for a romantic occasion in San Francisco. Thank you for a great experience.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I received a complimentary upgrade to a suite and a very friendly and engaging welcome from Debora Tjandra, the loyalty ambassador. While it is my regret that I could not meet Debora to express my thanks, I thought she represented all that went extremely well during my 2014 stay. As I've noted, my stay experience over the 5 day period was exception-free and flawless, and I felt very spoilt, such was the attention. On the second day of my stay, Debora had a platter of cheese, cold cuts and small bottle of wine and water sent up to my room with a hand written note welcoming me. Wow! Never had that anywhere even if I felt good about other hotel stays. In summary, one of my best hotel stay experiences of all the millions of hotel stays I've had during my 30 years of business travel. Thanks to this experience, the friendliness of the staff, and the personalised attention I got from Debora, I am an Omni brand loyal and will seek Omni properties whenever I am in the US.

1  Thank Murali S