“Excellent Stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellent Stay!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

A much over-due review, as I stayed for a weekend last January. Wonderful and friendly staff, especially the doormen who were also most helpful. I found this hotel to be exceptionally clean and while it's part of a chain, it had that comfortable boutique feeling about it, though with all of the conveniences of the large hotels. It was the best of both worlds. Lovely and spacious room and bath, very very clean and quiet. I will stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Napa, California
Reviewed December 11, 2013

As I got in to San Francisco, I was excited to try out the Omni hotel in San Francisco especially after recently trying out the Ritz Carleton.
Upon Arrival, the valet staff was a bit short, but friendly, but helpful in explaining procedures and where to proceed to. It was $52 for valet parking, which in the city is quite average so that did not phase me.
I had a great conversation in the beautiful lobby decorated for the Christmas season which looked quite stunning. They were very kind and very helpful. The elevator man was fantastic.
When I got to the room, I was excited to see the layout and decor. It was a great size with a nice sitting area and desk. A little dark since my room was in the corner. A few of the cons about the room were my room looked directly into an office building. I love city views, so it was a little disappointing I had to at least keep the lighter drapes over the window for privacy. Also, throughout the night, it was fairly loud. During the night I could hear the surrounding rooms fairly well, but I could also hear every conversation coming from the hallway. For it's price points, I would expect a bit more silence.The room was very clean, as expected, and provided all the essentials, but nickel and dimed especially when it comes to internet and waters.
The gym was fine, had the basics and more. Very very clean.
Room service was fantastic. I enjoyed both my meals, and the service was outstanding.
This morning, it was a bit noisy earlier in the day but it is great checkout time is at noon.
Overall, I would probably stay elsewhere on my trips back to SF, but I did enjoy my stay. I just feel I could get much more for the money I spent on this hotel elsewhere.

Room Tip: Most likely a higher floor would be better. I was room 418, lacked a view and privacy.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ksylvst S
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We spent a weekend at the Omni. Really wonderful staff! Friendly and helpful.
Room was nice and large for being in the city. Unfortunately I got a room next to the elevator. A little bit of noise that was tolerable. I had a really cheap rate via our corporate discount so I can't complain too much about being stuck next to the elevator.

Hands down I would stay here over the SF Ritz (have stayed there twice). Only negatives were that the bar is not too big and parking was almost $37a night (with the $5 city tax) along with it being challenging to pull into when you drive in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel and staff are the best in the business! They go out of their way to ensure you have the best stay during your visit. The rooms are supieror and the staff is always pleasant and helpful. The location is in the finiancial district close to Emabarcadero and China Town. It's great to feel so welcomed during each visit, thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Robin F
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 8, 2013

A big thank you to Andrew at the front desk for turning what could have been a disaster to a wonderful SF experience. The double beds that I booked were too small to accommodate our family, so Andrew moved us to a King size bedroom that comes with a sofa bed as well. Lex, our big and friendly Concierge, was most precise with his directions while entertaining the little ones. The level of service and dedication of all the staff we met right down to the doormen were extraordinary. It is your level of service commitment that sets the 'Omni brand experience' apart from the competition. Keep up the GREAT JOB, guys!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main streets can get noisy if you are on the lower floors. You may be better off fa...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
London, Canada
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Found this hotel. The hotel was great! The concierge at the front desk, Brittany, was extremely helpful and very courteous. She offered to help us by printing our flight boarding passes and arranged to have transportation waiting for us on our departure date. The accommodations and the service we received were excellent and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Smyr
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel was an excellent. Very much worth the extra money and beautiful. This was my first time visiting San Francisco and it was right on California street, directly on a trolley line. The area was walking distance to many of the tourist sites. I would recommend taking a bike ride to see the whole city. I walked for three days straight and decided to take a bike ride to the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito. Wow! Amazing! You can either ride your bike back or take a barge back into town. The staff was excellent, very accommodating, the rooms were very clean and I felt like royalty with the plush robes, huge tub and vaulted ceilings. I definitely will stay here again.

Room Tip: You can upgrade your to a room facing the main street. It is very nice. I believe on the upper flo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple