“Wedding weekend”

Omni San Francisco Hotel
Ranked #2 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had several rooms for the recent wedding of our son. In particular the valet service was very attentive and accommodating as we were in and out all weekend with the different activities. Extremely well located for those guests who wanted to visit different sites such as Union Square area and Ferry building on their own.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (5,547)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great hotel. Really enjoyed the location and the accommodations. Staff always went above and beyond to make the stay enjoyable. My wife had meds that had to be refrigerated and they setup a mini-fridge in our room. Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My new wife and I spent one of the final nights of our honeymoon at the Omni San Francisco Hotel. I'd heard of its reputation as a very romantic destination and I was eager to give my wife a special treat. From the old-world decor to the excellent customer service, this one-night stay did not disappoint.

For starters, this is a big-city hotel near the epicenter of San Francisco's Financial District at California and Montgomery streets. Valet parking and transfers along California are tricky at best so you might have to round the block a few times before you can hail a bellman to collect your belongings. Parking is big-city expensive, too: self parking will run you $37/night a couple blocks west on California, or $60 for valet. I gulped and chose the latter. These rates are standard in a top-tier city like San Fran, so you accept them as reality and move on.

Once inside, check-in took less than two minutes, no questions asked. As an Omni Select Guest member, rapid check-in is one of the perks, including complimentary bottled water, newspaper and in-room Wi-Fi. It's free and a must for any Omni stay anywhere, so I suggest signing up before staying at this brand.

The lobby of this former bank building is sumptuously old-world and beautiful. It makes the grand parlors of the Titanic look shabby (at least when it was sailing). Guest rooms are stately, standard-size with marble bathrooms and high-end fixtures and bedding. Our room overlooked California Street, with the intermittent "ding-ding-ding" of the cable car line reminding us where we were. That set the stage for a romantic night, as did the front desk staff, who delivered a complimentary tray of strawberries and dipping sauces to our room after we returned from dinner.

From here, you're 5-6 blocks west of the Embarcadero/Ferry Building complex and two blocks south of the Transamerica Pyramid. It's a great launching pad to see the iconic sights of this fabled town.

Unfortunately one night was not enough for us to take in this beautiful hotel or San Francisco in general. We'll be back for a longer stay, and my goal will be to enjoy part or all of our time at this Omni hotel, budget notwithstanding.

Speaking of which, with valet and taxes, our one-night stay was just north of $400. It's a big bite, and you could do it for less in a less convenient area of town. But for the complete package and the smile of relief on my wife's face, it was the perfect place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel recently and have to say we had a wonderful stay. The staff were helpful & friendly, the rooms very clean and comfortable bed (decor not very modern but in keeping with the hotel), fantastic location and the best breakfasts and steak meals we have ever had in 'bobs restaurant' which is located in the hotel. Also the free coffee in the room is delicious! Would have liked free bottles of water though. Quite an expensive hotel but as we only stayed 5 nights and it was a special occasion it was ok. Would love to go back there - am having ribeye steak withdrawal symptoms!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 2, 2013

From the moment I walked into the hotel, I was greeted with excellent service throughout my entire stay. The doormen, the receptionists, the room service, and housekeeping all responded with friendliness and efficiency. On several occasions, they anticipated my need and offered help before I even asked (e.g. offered to find a taxi, put my luggage in the trunk while I prepared my morning coffee).

The room was clean, comfortable, and luxurious. The bathroom was spotless (I am very picky about this), the linens smelled and looked fresh, and every surface was dusted, everyday.

Location-wise, it was perfect for me-- a short walk to the Ferry Terminal Marketplace for delicious, fresh, organic meals; a cable car runs right in front of the hotel; a short walk to China town; and a short walk to my office. I liked that it's off the beaten path because the hotel is quiet.

I highly recommend this hotel and I will plan to stay here every time I come to San Francisco.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EHolly
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had a great stay in San Francisco and the Omni was part of that experience. The room was comfortable and bright. Great location...easy walk to Union Square, the Pier, Chinatown and Little Italy. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Nice touch having complimentary Starbuck's coffee in the Lobby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Omni is a stand out for customer service and quality of rooms! Quiet rooms! Convenient location as well. Highly recommend. I was there for a conference and the staff was completely informative. Also handled a left behind article very well. Every single member of the staff was well trained in customer interactions.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business