“Fantastic hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights over a weekend in June and this was the last leg of our honeymoon. We arrived earlier than suggested and the receiptionist said we could have a room now, but this would be on a lower floor or come back in a couple of hours and get a room on a higher floor, was not a problem as we wanted to do a bit sightseeing anyway. We were given a great room on the 13th floor. The room was great, very large, clean and all mod cons, bed was great. We also were kindly given a bottle of champagne and strawberrys, very nice touch. Even without this gesture, I thought the staff - all of them that we came across were fantastic. The hotel is in a great location, 5 min walk to chinatown, 5-10 to Embarcadero and 10 mins walk to Union Sq with all the shops, bars and restaurants. Put simply this is a great hotel in a great location and I would highly recommend to anyone

1 Thank LondonRoyston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the Omni in early July. I chose it for the reasonable value it offered, being located close to all the sights a visitor would want to see in San Fran. Its location is on the edge of the Financial District (much quieter than the hotels located nearer the Bay) but a 5 minute walk gets you to Columbus Street which is good for strolling restaurants and shops. Another 5 minutes gets you to union square where you can pick up the cable car to Pier 39 - a big must that left us with smiles on our faces for hours.

Aside from location, the hotel itself is good, but the staff are great. Everyone I met was attentive and friendly and helpful with quick answers to questions. Big kudos to the Omni front-line staff.

Our room was on the 9th floor and in the back with no view, but we had asked for a quiet location and it was a good choice. My only complaint was that the air conditioning was not that quiet. It clicked on and off frequently as it went through its cooling cycle then would turn off completely. The genious who eventually comes up with quiet A/C for hotels is destined to be a billionaire.

Room Tip: As for a quiet room and the check-in desk will accommodate you well. Mention quiet A/C and they migh...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Spockis54
Preston,Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Fantistic location for both city shops and walking to Fisherman's Wharf. The room was spotlessly clean, good quality accomodations excellent staff and breakfasts in the restaurant. Ensure you join the select guest programme to beenfit from free tea and coffee in the morning, would not hesitate to stay again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Omni Hotel. It is in a terrific location on a nice street just a short walk to lots of interesting spots. I had dinner at a Mexican restaurant down near Union Square and it took me 10 mins to walk there. My room was very comfortable; spacious, nicely lit with a great bed and ample pillows. The staff were all very friendly and helpful without overdoing it. The best part of my experience came when I was leaving. I had booked a car to pick me up. Some random person had gotten into it and driven off before the company realised the passenger wasn't me. The doorman stepped in, concerned that I wouldn't make my flight, and organised a hotel car to take me to the airport. I arrived in perfect time without any stress or anxiety--all thanks to the thoughtful people at the Omni.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Glenda B
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was our fourth trip to SF and my wife and I stayed here for five days in June and I endorse all the positive comments in other reviews about this hotel. In particular, I would strongly recommend the value of registering as an Omni Select Guest. Its free, painless and offers real benefits. Two weeks before our arrival I received a personal email from Debora the Guest Ambassador at the hotel inviting me to contact her if there was anything she could do to assist our stay. I replied asking if we could have a quiet room, having noted the comments about the cable cars. Debora booked us into a room on the 17th floor and we even had a view of the Bay, not easy in such a high rise building area as the Financial District in SF. The room was incredibly quite, even the air conditioning. Every morning we received free coffee and newspapers delivered to our room and as my Birthday fell on one of the days of our stay, I was given chocolate cake with candles and a bottle of wine delivered to my room. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to SF.

2 Thank LewiEngland
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a comfortable hotel with really great staff in an ideal location. Couldn't fault it. Cable car stops right outside (make sure you visit the cable car museum) and it's close to Market Street and Pier 1. Just one block from China Town. Eat at Number One Market or Boulevard on Mission St. Both excellent one michelin star restaurants.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1530. This is the quieter side.
2 Thank cleminternet
Redlands, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We spent a long weekend here and were impressed with the fine service and beautiful property at a good value. This hotel is well-located near the financial district, but within easy walking distance to Union Square, Chinatown and the Embarcadero. Our room was on the top floor and had a beautiful view of the Bay. The room was spacious, clean, and recently updated. We were especially impressed with the friendly, knowledgeable service. My husband commented to a doorman how happy the employees seemed. His reply was, "We have a wonderful boss and great benefits. What more can you ask for?" It certainly showed the minute we walked in. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially on weekends. The workout room was spacious and well appointed. They offer good rates since this is primarily a business hotel that is not busy on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor with Bay view
1 Thank Diana M