“Amazing Stay For 30Th Wedding Anniversary!”

Omni San Francisco Hotel
Ranked #3 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Metamora, Illinois
“Amazing Stay For 30Th Wedding Anniversary!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

my husband and I and another couple stayed at the Omni 2 weeks ago. we both were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversaries and were treated liKe VIPs. everyone was very attentive especially Marlon the doorman who my husband saw every morning in the early hours when he was up. really all of the staff everyone behind the front desk was very knowledgeable and always greeted you with a smile and helpEd you in any way they could.We even had an iced bottle of champagne and strawberries with chocolate waiting for us after a long day of sightseeing. we would definitely revisit the Omni again. Carlson/Berlett Group

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank bobdes1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. A clean place and the help was top notch.

Desk staff was great. Daryl, a door man here was SUPER helpful and very friendly. Have gave us some advise on spots to eat, ways around traffic (vice president was in town), what to avoid and where to go. He honestly made the entire trip.

The restaurant in the hotel, Bobs steaks and chops, was a phenomenal meal--but service was substandard. Not what I expect when I am paying $60 for a steak. Food was great, but like I said, service there stunk.

There were 3 Starbucks within 2 or 3 blocks, but they are closed Saturday and Sunday (middle of tech financial district). Good shopping 3 blocks up, not far from Union Square...a great place to stay and if you see Daryl...tell him Jersey Mike said hello!

Keep a good eye on your bill if you eat at Bob's or have drinks at the bar and charge them back to your room. They tried charging the room service fees (in this case over $200 during the trip) on the "eat in" purchases there. If I didn't pick up on it--they would have got it.

Over all, a total A+ of a hotel. The omni delivers in San Fran as well. Great spot.

2 Thank XmasBaby125
Wendy C, Director of Sales at Omni San Francisco Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hi XmasBaby125,
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the hotel! I am thrilled that you enjoyed the Omni San Francisco but am saddened to hear that your experience at Bob's Steak & Chop House wasn't as good as it should have been. I am very interested in some additional feedback, if you have a moment, as we take our guests' comments extremely seriously. I can assure you that we will take your feedback and improve from it. If you have a moment, I can be reached directly at wjcoale@omnihotels.com.
Thank you for staying with us! I hope that we have a chance to welcome you back to the hotel soon!
Wendy Coale
washington dc
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I recently attended business meetings and stayed at this Omni hotel for 4 nights. I liked the size and decoration of ornate Italian high ceiling king bed room. I had a cold and ordered room service soup that was delicious 3 nights in a row! Staff very helpful with faxes, fed express packages etc. The location was most central to the financial center and only blocks away from the Ferry building on the Embarcadero. I'd go back hopefully not with a cold!

1 Thank jgsmouse
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Omni during our stay in San Francisco. Beautiful hotel and rooms, great location. All the staff were super friendly and helpful. Starbucks coffee available in the lobby every morning. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our first trip from the East Coast to San Francisco and we loved this hotel. We stayed here for 2 nights on our way to Yosemite National Park. The staff was excellent and so helpful - you never felt like you were bothering them. Our room was beautiful, clean and very comfortable. Location was good - trolley car right outside our door, cabs were readily available, walking distance to Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf (as long as you enjoy a nice long walk). Breakfast was delicious. We would definitely stay here again if we return to the area. Cons - breakfast was quite expensive - but seemed in line with other restaurants in the area. Tried to get dinner later one evening - 9:30pm - had a hard time getting someone to help us and it took a really long time. Overall, great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 780karens780
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had a beyond wonderful experience at the Omni. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming. Lex is amazing!! Gave us excellent advice on what to do around the city and offered lots of interesting historical info about the city and each neighborhood. The rooms were clean and cozy. When I come back to SF, this will undoubtably be the place I stay again.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was a great hotel. Based on tripadvisor reviews, we stayed here for 4 nights (Tue - Sat). The hotel is very nice, very central, very clean, and we really liked the area.

Pros:
- very nice and clean rooms
- nice area just a few blocks to Union Square, Post Street etc. Note however that this is the financial district and the place practically dies on weekends. It absolutely worked for us but if you want some buzz when you step out, you might reconsider staying during the weekend
- very friendly staff and customer service. The lady at the front desk - Yulia - even gave me a vase and a few bottles of water, so that my wedding bouquet would survive our honeymoon down the coast.

Cons:
- internet is not included and must be purchased for USD 20 each day. I never understood this policy as other hotels we had looked into (like the Drisco) offered complementary WIFI and these days it should be pretty much standard
- no breakfast, but there are tons of breakfast places nearby (you need to walk a few blocks further though on Saturdays and Sundays)
- I made a couple of calls within California to secure bookings for the following days. Previously, I had not been charged at other hotels during our 3 weeks West Coast Trip for calls within the same state let alone within the same city, but I got charged an outrageous amount for a call to Big Sur that took literally a minute at the very most (USD 10 if I remember correctly), and calls within San Francisco are 0.95 USD each. It does not say so anywhere visibly and I was shocked by my USD 160 bill upon check out. The hotel was, however, very accommodating and reduced the bill by half. Nonetheless, this is something to bear in mind and to display more prominently next to the phone.

All in all we look forward to visiting again :)

Room Tip: The hotel's not really known for views. We were perfectly happy with the standard room