“Excellent!!!”

Omni San Francisco Hotel
Ranked #2 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is excellent. Very clean and comfy. The room is stocked with snacks and drinks - but most of all bath robes! We stayed there the first weekend in February 2013. It is located in the financial district. Centrally located to many other neighborhoods and sites. The cable car route stops right out their front door. We had the most delicious steak that we ever had in our lives at Bob's Steakhouse. It is located in the hotel lobby. We ordered breakfast for room service and it couldn't have been better. You can not go wrong with this hotel! We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,474)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We're a repeater of Omni Houston and thought why not we try their sister property at SF...

Reviews were great and definitely not misleading.
From the moment we arrive until we check out we had a lovely time.

The room were pleasant and amenities were likewise thoughtful.
Location definitely can't be better..!!

Oh, and please do try Bob's..
If you didn't have the chance to try it out for dinner, you should definitely pop by for their cheese cake and hot chocolate for dessert-one of the things you should not miss at SF..!!!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fransci
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a charming stay here at the Omni in SF. Very comfortable and clean, with an old-fashioned feel to it, and impressively staffed by genuinely nice people. Everyone, from the front door to the wait staff, has a friendly professionalism that is the sign of excellent management. It's just a couple of blocks up the street to Chinatown, and a few blocks down to the Embarcadero, so the location is perfect if you like to walk around exploring interesting neighborhoods. A happy detail: in-room robes that are voluminous enough for middle-aged middles! Rooms overlooking the courtyard are blessedly quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the city can be loud.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Susan B
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Location was perfect! The doorman were VERY helpful, The San Francisco Cable Car runs in front of the hotel. The Elegant Breakfast was delightful, elegant, delicious. The Hotel is perfectly location for hopping on and off the Cable Cars The Omni Hotel is closed to major hot spots, and walking to and from the better stores. Will stay again if coming into San Francisco.
Worth the Money for all the perks!

Room Tip: We needed to change rooms a few times but finally settled into the 3th floor facing California Stree...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Overall, I had a great experience at the Omni. The doorman was fantastic, the desk staff was friendly and the room was large for San Francisco—the bed was incredibly comfortable. I felt like a jerk, but I had to rat out some (I assume) conference-goers for a 3am party on my floor. The staff was super nice and took care of the issue quickly.

The location is good for business travel and while the hotel is an easy walk to Union Square and North Beach/Chinatown, I might stay closer to the action on a vacation because cabs in San Francisco are pricey.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LibbyLowe
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I arrived in San Francisco exhausted from a week of traveling. When i checked into the Omni, I told Meg at the front desk that all I needed was a good night's sleep. She put me in a room on one of the upper floors away from the street noise. My room was lovely, beautifully appointed and clean. I had the best night's sleep of my entire two-week trip. The next morning, because I am an Omni Guest Select member, complimentary coffee and the New York Times were delivered to my room. I was given a late check-out to accommodate my schedule, and everyone from the bell men to housekeeping attendants were polite and gracious. Even though the Omni is not as convenient for shopping in Union Square, I will stay there next time.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise. Some rooms are small but still lovely.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Janet R
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is one of the few hotels where from the doorman to the desk to the maids to the concierge there was uniform friendliness without the stuffy and effete side effects of very upscale competitors.
The location is pretty central to a lot of SF and particularly the antique centers. Our room was specially chosen at my request by Debora Tjandra and everyone else seemed to follow suit. I particularly appreciated the concierge service tendered with wit and style. Our room looked right over the TransAmerica bldg.
I do have to mention here that having nothing to do with this fine hotel, Omni's Select Guest program DOUBLED requirements for free nights without warning while I was staying in one!

Room Tip: As I stated above, try to face the pyramid.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple