Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$418
$323
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$249
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$212
  • Pool
$220
$208
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$310
$239
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$401
$279
$209
  • Room Service
1,144 results
All reviewstypical courtyardmoscone centerunion squarefire pitmarket streetgiants gameball parkvalet parkingatt parkwithin walking distancefew blocksminute walkindoor poolthe financial districtbreakfast buffetexercise roomroom service
Reviewed July 31, 2013

A family of 9 stayed here for the weekend and it was great for our needs. The 2 queen rooms were spacious and the bathroom was off to the side which is great. Only downside is that this hotel is in the financial district so many things right close by were closed. But Metro and BART are right down the hill a few blocks. About a $15 taxi ride with tip to fisherman's wharf.
I believe they have a pool and fitness center cut we did not use those.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband booked us in Courtyard for a 8 night stay in San Francisco back in July. We chose a suit since we I was traveling alone with a six month old baby and I just needed more space and comfort.Unfortunately I was really disappointed and frustrated to the extent that I just stayed the first night and moved to another hotel for the rest of my stay! The hotel is not a luxury one and you would know that by entering the lobby. That's obvious and maybe typical of a 3 star hotel but honestly traveling with a baby I just cared about cleanliness, comfort and space so we thought it would make sense to pay for a suit rather than a room with the same price...WRONG! The room or "suit" was planned in a very ridiculous way that the bathroom sink was separate from the toilet and bath tub...it was just in the middle of the room opposite to bed room which made the hell out of me even in 24hrs I stayed there.The bathroom was NOT clean and I could see some hair stuck in the drain ..EUW!!! The sofa, the curtains , the floor and just everything else in the room looked like they have never been changed since 80s with the materials close to tear apart any minute and of course you could see millions of old stains everywhere ...souvenirs of anybody else who stayed in the room for the past 100 years!!! I can understand the idea of an old hotel/ buliding but this hotel is just NOT well maintained and for me personally not livable...BAD choice if you care about cleanliness and comfort ! The only plus points could be free wifi and good to average reception service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NazHashemi
Debbie B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay. Marriott prides itself on providing high quality, service oriented hospitality and I apologize that we fell very short during your stay at our hotel. I know how difficult it can be travelling with a young baby. The least you should have been able to expect is a clean, well appointed, room. Please be assured I have communicated your feedback to our housekeeping and facilities staff and they are taking steps to ensure our future guests will not have the same experience. We certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest when you travel to San Francisco again. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact me at 415-486-6401. Thank you again for your feedback. Debbie Bonafede – General Manager.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I came into town on business and basically worked hard for two days and just slept here, did not enjoy as much of the hotel as I would like. This is a great location, you immediately step out into the hustle and bustle of downtown, and there is a ton of places to eat within a two block area. The hotel is clean, and the service person at the desk was super friendly. The bar looked like a place I would have enjoyed sipping bourbon at, had I not been so tired. I was on teh 17th floor, I think, and had a great view of tall buildings from my bed, so there you have it, good hotel, one trip to CHevy's for a margarita, little time at the Salt House, and comfy clean crisp sheets and looking out the window from my bed. I hope my next trip to San Fran is for pleasure not business.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights on business.

I was impressed with the attentive service and smiles when I first arrived, and the lobby area was immaculate. A Starbucks in the lobby was busy as you'd expect, there was also a cosy bar and a large courtyard for the smokers (walled on 4 sides, but hey, this is a big city)

Gleaming lifts (seriously, I'm from the UK and we never see lifts that gleaming), whisked me to my room. The room itself was more than fine- comfortably, spacious but starting to look a little dated - especially the bathroom. Oddly, the sink is not in the bathroom, but no big deal.

You get an iron/ ironing board in-room (which to be honest, is welcome- having to call housekeeping to get an iron and then bulk iron all your clothes which inevitably get creased in a suitcase is a pain in the rear), and tea/coffee making facilities (again, a nice touch and welcome).

TV was a large LCD/ Plasma, aircon works well and you get free internet. You can upgrade to paid internet for superduper speed but i found the free internet was more than adequate for email and light browsing.

Breakfast is great quality, but you are paying a lot for it. If you are like me, I tend to eat a light breakfast, in which case $18 isn't good value for a bowl of fruit and maybe a pastry.

Location-wise, it's an easy walk to Montgomery St. BART station which connects with the airport- no hassles and no taxi needed- a bonus. Beyond Montgomery St, and you're into the touristy parts of town- I walked from the hotel to pier39 with no issue at all (via Coit Tower).

Room service was prompt and good quality- recommended :)

All in all, a nice stay in a great hotel. Nothing to dislike really

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BugPowderDust
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've stayed here numerous times at this relatively new hotel, and it's one of my favorites in San Francisco for convenience, quality, and price. While the price varies by how close to being filled it is, it can be as low as $179 and as high as over $300. Parking is a hefty $47 per night. There's a Starbucks off the lobby, a comfortable lounge and a full service restaurant and bar. Service is excellent, just like a full service Marriott. The room is not fancy, much like a standard Courtyard. One suggestion is more outlets. None on the lamps and just one on the desk.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business