“Great Convention Hotel”

Courtyard San Francisco Downtown
Ranked #64 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my first time staying here and I would definitely recommend this property. Great location, nice and efficient staff, clean clean clean. I even lost a piece of jewerly and the maid found it and laid on the vanity for me! Wow you just don't see that much. Good TV channels, free wifi and a small, but fully equipped gym. There is a 24 hour Fitness across the street if you like a larger facility. The restaurant/bar is great and I really did not need to venture out unless I just wanted to. Stayed on the 11th floor and it was quiet. Very convenient to the convention center but does not get the blaring fire trucks in the middle of the night. If you have ever stayed by this convention center you know what I'm talking about!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank summitsvs
Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We requested a room on a high-numbered floor, and pretty cool - our king bed faced the window to view the city lights (even when it was raining) and to wake up to clear skies the next day. One side of the building will let you see the Bay Bridge. Standard Courtyard setup: large room with extra-wide sofa chair/ottoman, well-lit desk, mini-fridge, and large flat-screen TV; tall showerhead with good water pressure; comfortable bed with extra pillows. Marriott restaurant/bar was on the main floor, and a Starbucks was also in the lobby (we did not use any and went instead to a recommended place by the staff that was close by). Valet parking was $45/day with in/out privileges, and attendants retrieved car quickly.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room to see views of the City or Bay
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Disneylovers
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I usually stay in Union Square when visiting San Francisco, but the room rates were through the roof, so I opted for a Courtyard Marriott south of Market Street. It was very clean, and conveniently located, close to MUNI and BART. The Starbucks located in the lobby was a bonus. Don't hesitate to try this hotel.

Room Tip: I find the higher floors to be more quiet, so usually ask for such. Some of the rooms have nice view...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Bunny22314
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay here repeatedly for conventions. It is a 5 minute walk from the Convention Center and more convenient as well as less expensive than many other hotels. Facilities are excellent, internet is free, staff are super helpful. There's a Starbucks and a well stocked express store in the lobby, also a handy convenience store right across the street, and the hotel provided me with a fridge as soon as I asked for one. Always reliable and comfortable, top class Courtyard, I will stay here next time as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank travelwriterBoston
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good location. Nice room, good service. I would have ranked "excellent" but I was charged a higher rate when I cancelled a second night's stay, and the hotel could not find my conference rate at time of booking.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor and had no problems with noise. My view was not great, but honestly, who spe...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathe599
Reviewed October 29, 2012

For business purposes the location of the hotel is very convenient to all Mascone venues. Accommodations were adequate, but not plush; typical of many Courtyards. I've stayed at other hotels in the same vicinity and this would not be my preference for future visits. The concierge services were excellent, but the front desk personnel were somewhat lacking in their attentiveness. I had some incorrect charge issues that were not taken care of following my first conversation. Rooms were nicely decorated, comfortable and maintained very well. If a well functioning shower is important to you (it is to me), this was one of the best I've experienced! Overall, this four-night stay was a comfortable and convenient experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ruben P
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed here one night for a bachelorette party. The hotel is in what I was told the Financial District. It was a short cab ride from Roy's where we had our dinner party. Check in was smooth, and the bellman (also the concierge) was very helpful and informative. We were able to get a fridge delivered to our room as well. Clean and spacious room. Comfy beds, nice tv! Would stay here again.

Unfortunately its 40/night parking as is the norm in San Francisco. It took a while to get the car but there were a lot of people checking out that sunday morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends