da Vinci Villa
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
$175
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$252
$227
$319
$194
  • Pool
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$189
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$241
$206
  • Room Service
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$257
$229
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$434
$209
$178
Westin.com
1,100 results
All reviewsthe golden gate bridgevan nessfisherman's wharfheated poolpolk streetrussian hillcontinental breakfastdim sumhard boiled eggsyogurtbus stopbeds were comfortablelombard stpublic transportationghirardelli squarecable carcity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Lobby is updated but remainder of the hotel is clearly an older building. The set up is akin to a Motel style. Most of the rooms overlook an open centre with swimming pool and courtyard.

Elevator when I attended had expired safety certificate/licence displayed - so not sure what that was about.

Our room was modern enough. Flat screen tv, updated bathroom with great water pressure for showers. Clean.

Our hotel room lock however, didn't function very well. So security was of concern. Our did have a view of the bridge which was great at dusk.

Close to the Wharf, tour buses, the trolleys and in walking distance of several restaurants it is a great location. It is across the street from a convenience store.

Restaurant on the main floor however, was not all that great for dinner. Breakfast was fine. Dinner I found was mediocre. The cheescake reminded me of a cheesecake I had in Cuba. It was, not my favourite dish.

Overall, it is a good place to sleep. Good location. Clean. But definitely an older building, and there aren't a lot of "bells and whistles" here.

Not bad. Not all that great either.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AJustMe2014
Yasar C, Manager at da Vinci Villa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear AJustMe2014,

Thank you so much for your review of the da Vinci Villa Hotel.I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and cleanliness. We also just want you to know that we value the feedback that we receive from valued guests like yourself and take the comments very seriously. In an effort to add value and improve our guests overall hotel experience.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your impression and offer you a more memorable and favorable stay in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

It isn't four star but service is amazing. They really went the extra mile delivering extra coffee at 4 am, letting me work out early bc I had to go to work. Fresh fruit and water in lobby. Pool heated to 80. Sauna and nice selection of equipment in very large hotel gym. Comfy bed. Large room and quiet. Free breakfast was nice including eggs, waffles, fruit and bagels. I would stay here again. Close to Russian Hill and local attractions.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for having taken the time to review us on trip advisor. I am happy to learn you enjoyed the service provided by our staff members.Please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit, so I can personally ensure you will have an experience we are known for.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The location to the Wharf and the square was key for our experience. All of the staff proved that they were there to help us with any need we had. I would not only recommend this place, I WILL stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Randi M
Yasar C, Manager at da Vinci Villa, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Randi M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate us here on TripAdvisor!

We would also like to thank you for this great five star rating and we do hope that next time you visit San Francisco, it will be once again the da Vinci Villa Hotel. Don´t let us wait too long.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for four nights. Plus points: walking distance to all main attractions and good bus links, basic breakfast included and the staff are very helpful and friendly Negative points: the hotel requires major renovations especially in the lifts and corridors connecting the rooms. For the price we paid we were dissapointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Prashuwholunches,

Thank you very much for your feedback and kind words about our staff.

Please accept our apologies that we did not meet your expectation and know that I will be reviewing your experience with the appropriate manager to ensure they are aware of these shortcomings. And also I want to let you know we are doing some updates/renovations in the hotel to be up to date. We ask for your understanding that the updates/renovations can only be performed successively.

Kindly contact me directly to book your next stay and I will personally supervise your booking arrangements and ensure extra special attention is given to you.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

great place, great location. family or business. easy walk to water and attractions. close to food and drink. friendly and accommodating staff. would definitely go again. planning on bringing family next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Chuck B,

Thank you for spending your time to give us a kind feedback on your recent stay.

It’s pleasing that you remarked the perfect location of our hotel and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees.We are also happy that you appreciate the food offers around hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again with your family during your next stay in San Francisco and hope we can prove our high standard of hospitality again.