“Walls not soundproof-enough.”
Review of da Vinci Villa

da Vinci Villa
Ranked #110 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I traveled with 2 friends for a week-long vacation between Christmas and New Year's. We head a room on the 4th floor and could even see the Golden Gate Bridge from our window.

The room was good with comfy beds but the shower was abysmal. I'm 5'10" and had to squeeze under the shower-head that provided very low pressure. I was disappointed not to have a tub.

Breakfasts were really good with lots of options.

My biggest upset was how noisy this hotel was. There were a lot of noisy rooms on our hall, a few with kids running up and down and I don't begrudge anyone their vacation, I just feel like I shouldn't have had to listen to everyone. The worst of it was when it started at about 7pm New Year's Eve! Lots of Party Rooms!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ImKTBQ
Yasar C, Manager at da Vinci Villa, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you so much staying with us during holiday season and enjoying our golden gate view rooms, breakfast and our comfy beds. However, It is with much regret that I note your disappointment with your experience and I wish to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We appreciate your feedback as it is beneficial in our quest to delight and satisfy our guest by continually striving to be better. Please rest assured that your comments have been noted and taken very seriously. We hope to soon have the opportunity to prove to you that da Vinci Villa Hotel is indeed a premium destination in San Francisco.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Highly recommend this very nice hotel for its wonderful staff, great location on Van Ness and all its amenities. The concierge staff was very friendly and accommodating throughout our stay. A very nice breakfast is included, and Therese in the breakfast room was always eager with a friendly smile to make sure that everyone was happy. The well-equipped fitness room with sauna, as well as the heated pool were kept immaculate and added to the value. Maid/room service was flexible and efficient, and the beds were very comfortable.
The only suggestion we might have is to add a second chair to the room(s) and provide a bit more (or brighter) lighting.
Altogether, we can't wait to return to San Francisco and the Da Vinci Villa.

Room Tip: It appears they have a wide selection of rooms, from suites to bunk bed rooms. Our room was located...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BmoniD

I am delighted to hear of the experience shared by you. I am especially happy to hear your kind words for our staff especially for the concierge staff and of course Theresa.Thank you kindly for your time to write a TripAdvisor review and for sharing.

We are continually working toward providing the best service as it is the best way to show you how much we value you as our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you soon and hope you will have an opportunity to enjoy our rooms with new light stands.

Thank you again.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

The staff were the friendliest that I have ever met. The room was amazing. I would definitely stay again. It was too bad it was raining or we would have used the pool. They also have a workout area. They also have a continental breakfast that was delicious.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karen5866

Dear karen5866,

Many thanks for your fantastic review and for taking the time to express your enthusiasm regarding your most recent visit. Our team is committed to striving to exceed your expectations and we are happy to hear our efforts have been well received. We are delighted to have had the pleasure of accommodating you and making your stay as comfortable as possible.

If business or leisure brings you to San Francisco, we look forward to warmly welcoming you back! Kindly send me an email to mkobak@davincivilla.com when next time you will be in San Francisco.

Maybe next time you stay with us, the weather will be much better so you can enjoy our heated pool.

Thank you again.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Good value for the price , conveniently located . A big surprise in this kind of hotel , was the quality of the gym : spacious , with the latest machines etc.....like in a 5 star hotel......I spent 2 hours there every morning . Very quiet if yuo have a room on the courtyard even if it is not very bright . Rooms are spacious and beds are really comfortable with a lot of pillow . Breakfast is OK and if yuo ask for eggs the manager will himself go to the shop nearby to satisfy your wishes !!!! definetely an adress I would recommend if you have a lot of things to do in SF .....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Yasar C, Manager at da Vinci Villa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Christine, Greetings from San Francisco!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you certainly enjoyed your stay and we hope that you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I took my two kids to SF for the night and decided to try Da Vinci Villa because of the proximity to (and away) from Fisherman's Wharf. what a nice surprise! Our room was very clean with crisp white bedding. Lots of pillows and comfortable beds. We enjoyed the pool and the leisurely walk to the wharf. The staff was professional and courteous. Plus, the breakfast has a great selection. I've stayed many places in SF over the years, and I rarely stay the same place twice. But Da Vinci is first on my list for our next stay.

Room Tip: There is a pool so if you have children, you may want to plan to be close to it or further away.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessica C
Yasar C, Manager at da Vinci Villa, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thanks so much for your comments. We are so glad that your trip was a success and enjoyed our breakfast and our heated pool. I also would like to thank for your kind words for our staff. We are looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in San Francisco. Please reach me out at mkobak@davincivilla.com when you need accommodation.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were given a streetside room on an upper floor with a wonderful view of the bridge, although the picture window was very dirty. Room was adequate, but very nice for a good price for the San Francisco area. No actual air conditioning, but a portable floor unit. We did get a portable refrig for our room. Pillows were nice and fluffy, with the only chair being the desk chair. Lights were a little dim once it got dark. There was a very nice outdoor pool within the outdoor space that is in the middle with room built around it. Staff was very nice and helpful, especially concerning the hop-on hop-off bus tours (which we recommend to get your bearings in the City). The manager brought a bottle of wine and two glasses to our room for our anniversary! Nice touch! Not many restaurants close to the hotel, but they have a nice continental breakfast included with the hotel price. The Russian Hill area has a wonderful market with a deli in the back that makes great sandwiches. The walk to the Pier doesn't sound like it is that far, but is up steep hills - so doesn't seem super close, but is doable without a problem. Hotel definitely provided a nice stay without breaking the budget!

Room Tip: As for a view of the bridge.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelgarden
Yasar C, Manager at da Vinci Villa, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Travelgarden,

Thanks for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and the location. I apologize for picture window being dirty. However, I have already notified H/K department about the issue.

I would love to let you know that we are upgrading our rooms by adding more lights. However, I disagree with you about not having enough restaurant around our hotel. There are great restaurants on Polk Street and Union Street which are in walking distance.

Kindly give me a call at 415 529 2612 or send me an email at mkobak@davincivilla.com when you need an accommodation in San Francisco.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed for two nights and enjoyed both nights there. My room was facing the street and there was some construction going on but that did not bother me one bit.. This hotel is in a great location and walking distance to Fishermans Warf. There is plenty to do near this hotel. The room was really nice in my opinion...beds were comfy and the room was clean. I'm not sure why this hotel got some bad reviews but it surely didn't deserve it (unless they had a personal issue with staff or booking). The continental breakfast was decent (I like Belgium waffles) as that was the only hot food. There is a gym, pool, mini business center and sauna (that i didn't use because I was busy exploring San Fran). You have to pay for parking $25 plus tax per day. There was a mini radio in the room with an aux cord which i used to play my music on in the morning to get dressed for the day... Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend to a friend and would return.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Marie R

Dear Marie R.,

Thank you for your descriptive and thoughtful feedback. It’s always great to hear what guests think about their experiences while here and it also helps us to improve upon the service we provide. I hope future travel plans bring you back to our hotel.

Please contact me at mkobak@davincivilla.com when you need an accommodation at the da Vinci Villa Hotel.