“Good value”

Ranked #92 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Perth
“Good value”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I just had an overnight stay, with check-in occurring at 2 a.m. in the morning. The hotel is basically a 5-level, motel-style facility. It has a nice entry area and lounge, and its staff are very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. However, access to my 5th floor room via the elevator system was somewhat laborious. Location-wise, the hotel is reasonably well placed. Fisherman's Wharf is a fairly easy 15-minute walk away. The quote I obtained on-line was sufficient to make this a good value option.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Barry C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Being a group of 4 girls travelling togther we wanted to be within walking distance from Fisherman's Wharf (15 min walk) which is lively at night and safe for us all to walk back at night. The rooms were very clean and the beds were so comfy we all agreed that they were better than we had at home! Fluffy white and clean towels arrived every day. And nice complimentary toiletries to choose from. ~The breakfast is also complimentary - nothing too grand - but bagels, fresh fruit, muffins etc. All we needed.

The pool is lovely and clean. Maybe a little too warm - but very nice.

I found the hotel on line and rang them direct and they matched the price. They allowed us to stay a bit later in the room after checkout - even though the hotel was fully booked.

I read some of the reviews on this hotel and glad I didn't take too much notice. The hotel is not a boutique hotel - but it is completely adequate and clean and is much nicer than the motels that are down the road which are slightly cheaper. Would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: We choose a 'double double' room over looking the pool. Which was perfect for 4 girls trave...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank LouNut
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We had a pleasant stay in room 322. In summary:
great location.safe, very close to fisherman wharf, heaps of public tranport for only 2usd.

big and comfy bedroom. one thing to improve: have a fridge. it is true they dont have a/c but we didnt need it not even in summer. fan was enough

great to have brekky. basic but yummy. loved the danish!!

nice common area with heated swimming pool

friendly and helpful staff. check in at 4pm is not ideal. should be at 1 or 2 pm as any other hotel

overall we really liked it for the price -approx 120usd per night. We would totally recommended.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank laucarloni
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed June 10, 2012

this place charges 25.00 to park on their property. Complimentary ""european" breakfast containing toast muffins and some biscuits...sometimes u even had to wait 15min just to be seated as they had very few tables..... Never stated in a worse hotel, pay a bit more (use the extra parking fee)and find a better hotel. about all I can say thats good about this place is its clean and the beds were comfy.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank C M

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed June 1, 2012

As a boutique hotel I was at first curious about the amenities but they have everything a traveler could ask for including free wi-fi! I always stay in the financial district area if in San Francisco but I'll be staying here from now on. Financial district hotels have no pools (some kind of city regulation) and for all of the free amenities, Da Vinci can't be beat when you add in their location!! Also, I had the best sleep in their incredibly comfortable beds after the initial surprise at the set up of their unique rooms.

I enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast since most places seem to use cheap ingredients to feed the masses. I ended up going back for dinner :). Their restaurant is as unique for a hotel as the hotel and combined, it's a world-class experience. I never write reviews but have written 2, Da Vinci and SFO airport's Crowne Plaza. When in San Francisco, I will stay here.

Last but not least, the service!!! Thank you to every friendly and smiling face :)! One person in particular made me feel especially welcome and important as a guest. Her name was Marie and I think she's a manager there because of her level of professionalism... But thank you to all of the staff at the Da Vinci Villa!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank liz l
Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed May 26, 2012

My husband and I, along with our 15 yr old teen, stayed 4 nights in the La Familia suite. It was perfect for us! Plenty of room: my teen had her own tv and space to be "alone". My husband and I never felt cramped. Towels were bath sheets - and the tp was soft. lol The room was clean and had everything we needed. Plenty of closet space. The breakfast was complimentary. Would have liked some protein for a morning meal, but there were plenty of pastries to get us going. The front desk was always very helpful in answering questions and giving advice.
Great location! MUNI had 3 or 4 bus stops within 1 block, so no need to walk the hills. We will recommend to our friends and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Marie S, Manager at da Vinci Villa, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for giving us a wonderful feedback on your recent stay at the da Vinci Villa. We are happy to hear that your stay was very pleasant. We look forward to welcoming you again at the da Vinci Villa.

With warm regards,