“Somebody wrote good service?”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Fat Angel

Fat Angel
Ranked #1,320 of 5,644 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Bar, American, Pub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Somebody wrote good service?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I thought the service was pretty aggressive as did the others in my party.
Good selection of beer/wine, good flatbread and average potpie.Really got the impression they just want us to move out as fast though, so it can't be a tapa/wine bar then.Aren't they suppose to create an ambience where you want to stay and hang and drink.I asked the waitess, a firery redhead who would cut the hind legs of donkey, what they have on tap and some suggestions, "check the menu" was the answer.Same with another waiter.
Couldn't actually talk/hear the group I was with, come to think of it couldn't hear my own thoughts until I went outside and we walked to Yoshi's lounge were we had a great waiter who had fun with us and created an enviornment where we wanted to actually stay and not pushing us out the door, as the long line of jackals where outside looking in at us.
If you want to wait in line at this place, be my guest.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Jude-trang

Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice place, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

small wine/beer bar. They have a wide selection of beers and wine, including their own house wines, in barrels. Super friendly staff, they even came to ask how my dog was doing and brought water for her.

massachusetts
“Very good restaurant and lounge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We visited Fat Angel by accident waiting to get into State Bird Provisions.
We had to wait an hour and a half for our table so we went looking for a place
to have a glass of wine while we waited. We sat at the bar at Fat Angel, and after
seeing all the food coming out of the kitchen we snacked on a Flatbread.
Very tasty food, reasonable prices for food and wine. Will visit there again for a meal.

• Visited September 2012
San Francisco, California
“Great place in Western Addition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

On Tuesday night, I went to Fat Angel with my friends Amy and Aaron for happy hour. This little hidden gem is located smack dab in the middle of the Fillmore Jazz district at O'Farrell and Fillmore, http://www.fatangelsf.com/. Its swanky, stylish and such a find. A couple of friends opened up the place and it retains the unpretentious, intimate look irrespective of the surrounding neighborhood. My only gripe with the Fillmore district is that it's either 4-star expensive or 1-star and cheap and dirty. This place is a perfect balance for the neighborhood as it appeals to a wide range of people, young or old, professional or artsy type. It's perfect for me because I fall in between both those categories (in San Francisco definitions).

The wine bar is well decorated with reclaimed, recycled and repurposed materials from around San Francisco. So boho chic. The decorating highlights are the stamped tin roof and the "99 bottles of wine wall", aren't they so creative! The prices were average for the city, food was a bit cheaper than expected with the cheese plate being only $5 per cheese whereas you can pay up to $10 for the same sliver of cheese at other bars. The fried capers were delicious and creative. They tasted like the little fried bits of popcorn you find on the bottom of the bowl chocked full of salt and buttery deliciousness. I don't know how they made them, but keep it up. There is a wide selection of house made butters with all sorts of fun flavors like maple bacon and flatbreads to fill the tummy's of those who have a hard time just grazing. The theme for happy hour is "whine after work" which we all need from time to time, $1 off draft wines and beers and $2 off flat breads. What is draft wine you ask? Its the barrel of wine directly from the vineyard hooked up to a tap system similar to how bars serve beer. It's a fabulous idea and quite entertaining to check out. I'd never had draft wine outside of a vineyard before but I'll definitely come back to try out every kind. That's just the kind of dedicated blogger I am.

Fat Angel is my new favorite local spot! Plus the name is entertaining. It reminds me of the Lyle Lovett song, "Fat Babies Have No Pride" which still puts a smile on my face. Poor fat babies.

• Visited October 2011
“Great selection of beers, small plates everything delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

Lively place very busy but great service. Great selection of wines and beers food was very tasty!