“Beautiful spot”

$49.00*
and up
San Francisco Urban Hike: Coit Tower, Lombard Street and North Beach
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Again I'm a Tales Of The City fan so had to see it. Would love to live here in this peaceful spot. Beautiful views through the trees and shrubs.

I especially enjoyed seeing all the different plants and flowers growing beneath the trees.

It's a breath of fresh air in a bustling city.

3  Thank Nick S
There are newer reviews for Macondray Lane

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Having read the Tales of the City books many, many times, this was my pilgrimage to where it all began, Barbary Lane (or Macondray Lane as it's actually called).
The lane is peaceful and has amazing views of the Bay.
The high light for me was of course the famous steps, a must for all Tales fans.

7  Thank vaso99
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I didn't know about the tv serie, but I just ended up there upon suggestion and I really enjoyed my time there, a small "forest" in the middle of the city. very nice!

2  Thank lauralary
Reviewed March 25, 2014

As a huge fan of the books (I've read most of the books two or three times), I went on a sort of secular pilgrimage to Macondry Lane.

For fans, the place is magical. I was so excited to see the stairs leading up to it - exactly as I imagined it in the books. Spectacular views of the Bay and Alcatraz - can't imagine what one of the beautiful houses in Macondray Lane would cost.

2  Thank Boniface8th
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This is where Armistead Maupin got his inspiration to write Tales of the city and where the tv series was filmed for the iconic steps. Fans of the books will love it here!!! Great views over the city, but not much else.

6  Thank ollymiles