Tripadvisor
Open to visitors - play golf at San Francisco Muni Lincoln Park

Reviewed November 25, 2018
Jim S
Boise, Idaho
Needs work but the view is wonderful

Reviewed October 12, 2016

from $73.00
from $119.00
from $189.00
More Info
All reviews legion of honor elevation changes golden gate memorial trees sf bridge
Selected filters
Reviewed November 25, 2018

Golf in San Francisco for visitors is not only possible but most enjoyable. Reservation times are available most days and can be made online or with a phone call. The city lists 5 different golf courses on their website: You can easily make reservations on this site several days in advance of when you wish to play. I have found that most days times are available same day and often you can join other groups if you do not have your own. Lincoln Park is a short, 68 par course with lots of elevation changes. It features a couple of holes with special views overlooking the Golden Gate and the BRIDGE. The condition of the course on the several times I have played it could have been better, but it is still playable and enjoyable. On my most recent round, my son in law and I were lucky enough to be paired with a couple of locals who helped guide us around the course. You will have lots of trees near the fairways, large and undulating greens, with mixtures of grass, and challenging sand traps. They do have clubs for rent, if you need them, as well as riding carts and pull carts. There can be fog on this course due to its location right on the ocean. If you are familiar with the Legion of Honor, the course surrounds the grounds of this fine memorial. They have 3 sets of tees to give golfers of different abilities the opportunity for challenge, or to, as Jack Nicholas says: “Play it Forward". I hope this article encourages you to try San Francisco Public Golf. It is very reasonable with the current price or $50 for visitors. I hope you will try this course and that my comments were helpful.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 12, 2016

Lincoln Park Gold Course is a diamond that the City will not spend money on to fix. Many people are happy to keep it this way as it is a great physical location and up grades would make play much more expensive. Not long but it is a challenge. Old carts, no restaurant and old bathrooms. Other than that if you want a fun round of golf- go for it. The physical beauty makes up for the other flaws.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed October 7, 2016

I was lucky enough to play the course on the hottest day all year. I rented equipment in the pro shop where I got really good service. The golf equipment I rented was in good condition with new grips, really impressive condition. The course is fun in that it is extremely hilly. The cource is not crazy long and you can play out from the tee with an iron, do that because fairways are narrow. On the seventeenth hole you must take your selfie with Golden Gate Bridge in the background. This course is public and you can see that in the state of fairways and greens. Green fee was $ 40 and it's really good value for money. Had I chosen to play at. 14.00 the price would have been twillight speciail only $ 24. I had a fantastic day at the course where I also teamed up with locals who very good company.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed August 31, 2015

The El Camino del Mar and Lincoln Highway (same street) offers unrivalled, unique views of the Golden Gate Bridge from the south and west. There are plenty of available stops/vistas west of China Beach in the area of Lincoln Park Golf Corse. no cost, pleasant drive, fantastic pics! Enjoy!

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed July 22, 2015

We play here each time we visit SFO. I am not a good, my husband is, but we still enjoy the course. Lots of terrain, and fabulous views. The grass is a little on the goat ranch side, but it is a nice spot to spend a few hours.
The down side is that many people us the cart paths as walking trails which makes it dangerous for them and we don't see that on any other courses we have ever played.
Go and enjoy.