1,507 results
All reviews great location union square westfield mall market street an older hotel cable car short stay bart station would stay here again central location powell st stayed here for nights corner room flat screen tv bed was very comfortable rooms are small coffee maker
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Stayed here recently in August 2018, with my wife visiting from Australia. Hotel is very close to the BART, shopping and easy walking distance to Union Square. The service at check in was ok and the room contained everything needed, with very good WIFI. All we did was basically sleep and shower in the room, it was small but it's we knew what to expect with that regard. We had a room overlooking 5th street, it was basically noisy 24/7. Bathroom was fully functional. (Side note - I left a few pieces of clothing hanging in the wardrobe, which I didn't realise until a couple of weeks later, back in Australia, I didn't get any advice about that - I just cut my losses). Anyway, would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed September 7, 2018

The hotel was very clean. The staff was courteous. I had booked from booking.com and my credit card was already swiped without my permission - which I did not appreciate, but I let that go. Besides that, the hotel is located on the 5th street - which is not supposed to be very safe, especially during the night. The hotel staff very well warned me to be aware and around - which i appreciate. Since I was very careful, I had a good time, and no problem as such.... The gym was spacious and clean - and just like most of the hotels - had weights and cardio equipment. For food, I mostly went to Soma, which had an adjoining entry from the hotel - and the food there was good! Overall, I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2018

We stayed here as part of our trip around California and although the hotel was ok, it was a little “tired” around the edges. The bedroom walls could do with a lick of paint but saying this, the rooms were clean and tidy with good housekeeping plus the k coffee pods were a nice addition. We found the hotel staff friendly and helpful however the restaurant attached to the hotel was a different story. It was a restaurant/bar and service was slow with certain foods being overpriced whilst the staff were quite rude.

Overall, the hotel was ok in a good location but one thing I would like to add, considering the hotel is in the high end surrounded by expensive shops and stores, I was quite shocked to find rats and mice crawling across the street on the opposite side of the road plus a huge problem with the homeless.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Great first time stay at Pickwick, close to everything. Very friendly staff most of the time. I really enjoyed saving some money purchasing snacks and save them at the mini-bar wich- is very useful. As a Mexican, I enjoyed staying at this iconic building with my partner. Be patient with the elevators and don’t forget to ask the new morning for more k cups. Great shower !

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
PickwickManagement, Director of Rooms at The Pickwick Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Thank you for choosing the Pickwick Hotel and for taking the time writing this great review about your experience with us! Our team strives to provide a pleasant stay. We thank you for taking the time to write a review as your feedback is helpful in obtaining this goal.

Remember to ALWAYS’S BOOK DIRECT AND SAVE from 5%-12% using our specials page!

Allen Allgood,
Director of Rooms

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as part of a trip around California. First impressions were that the lobby was lovely but check in was slow and the elevator even slower. The room was small, dated and falling apart. Although we were expecting noise, being in the city, the constant sound of sirens coming through the gap in the broken window (with an attempted cover up of kitchen roll) was not acceptable. This was the most expensive room on our entire trip and by far the least value for money. Needs significant improvement, would not recommend.

Did not make any complaints as the receptionists did not seem helpful and there were always long queues to be seen. Concierge on the other hand was lovely.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple