The Pickwick Hotel San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Zetta San Francisco(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Metropolis(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Axiom Hotel San Francisco(San Francisco)
The Mosser(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Hotel Zelos San Francisco(San Francisco)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Abri(San Francisco)
Hotel Bijou(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
1,438 results
All reviewssoma restaurantgreat locationunion squarewestfield mallmarket streetan older hotelbart stationshort staycable carcentral locationpowell ststayed here for nightscorner roomrooms are smallcoffee makerbed was very comfortablepublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I got a good deal at the Pickwick for 2 nights on business in July. It is a great location for seeing SF and shopping. The restaurant/bar that is attached has a great happy hour with good IPA selection, if you are a beer drinker. The staff was friendly. I did like that the windows open.

It is an older hotel so it is not as nice as a fancy new hotel. You hear pretty much everything that is happening on the street (which isnt uncommon for SF). The elevators are small and slow. I found it was easier to take the stairs a lot of the time. I made myself coffee one morning and they did not refill the creamer or sugar for the next morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here x2 nx. Located in a great location. Walking distance to most of the shop. Walk to union square and fisherman's wharf was doable. Nice bed , Clean room. Staff very helpfull. Worth the money .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Okay, so the hotel was booked and then I read the reviews and I was like 'oh no'. But don't believe the bad reviews - here's the real deal:

The Pickwick has an amazing location, super-friendly staff and the hotel itself is OK. It's an old building and really tired in some spots. But the beds are clean (no bed bugs and, believe me, I checked!). We got a good deal on the room - stayed two nights.

I admit that, had I spent $300 or more, I would have been pissed, but for about $200 and change, it was convenient, clean, quiet and private. The location really is incredible. If you're a light sleeper, simply request a quiet room (I sleep super light but had no issues in this regard as we requested a quiet room in the back.) If you're super picky about decor, go elsewhere, but if you're laid back and don't freak out if the lightswitch doesn't match the electric outlet, don't be scared. I liked this hotel and would stay there again. I think it's perfect for families and tourists!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room in the back. Crappy view but you'll be sleeping too soundly too worry about it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kmacyyz
Reviewed August 19, 2013

very near muni transportation and bus stops. Walkable to union square and long walk to chinatown, which we did goin but took the cable car back. Walking in steep hills is no joke, got aching legs for three days after.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

There is signs that this hotel has been refurbished... refurbished in a lazy kind of way. Paint covering marks on walls that doesn't match the original paint, furniture not quite fitting the area it is meant to. But to be honest, this was not a problem. We slept well and that was all we were there to do. The bed was big and comfortable, our room looked out on to the busy road below. It got quite noisy at times (as it tends to in a city), but due to the nice bed and looong days exploring, we slept well.
Our room was considerably smaller to other hotels we stayed at on this trip, so decided to use cupboard provided to save some space. Normally I would live straight out of the suitcase.

Staff were helpful and friendly and the hotel is in a great location. there are a lot of hotels in the area and this seems to be one of the mid range ones. The location is close to bus, tram and trolley stops. Its a longish walk to Fisherman's Wharf area, but totally doable. We walked it once and caught the bus the next time. We also go to Haight/Ashbury on the bus (15-20 mins and straight along Market Street).

There is a café directly across the road called Café Moz and its a MUST for breakfast or lunch. Its very popular and great value.

I guess our first impressions of the hotel were of disappointment, but Hotel Pickwick grew on us. There is a fridge and coffee maker in room and free wireless internet. There is also well equipped gym.

Would I stay there again? Yes. A comfy bed and good location- all I need in a hotel!

Room Tip: If you really need a silent room to sleep, ask for one that isn't over looking the street!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple