“adding to the pleasure of food in SF”
Review of Lers Ros Thai

Lers Ros Thai
Ranked #388 of 5,712 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Brookline, Massachusetts
“adding to the pleasure of food in SF”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We tried this on the recommendation of others and were not disappointed. Food and service were very good. We both had pad thai with chicken and tofu.

I would add that this block of Larkin is a bit sketchy at night (and probably during the day as well). In fact, we overlooked the restaurant in our preoccupation with being on alert, and backtracked to find it. We took the bus from Union Square which is easy, and proceeded to a play from dinner.

At an early dinner hour, the restaurant was full. Enjoy!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Nancy2005

Vancouver
“Best Thai”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were tipped off by a friend to come try out this restaurant while in SF. The menu was extensive and the food was spectacular. Tom yum koong, chicken satay and Thai style fried pork with black peppercorns. The place is packed for lunch. Service is excellent despite the small crew.
Try the Thai iced coffee too....

• Visited May 2013
Lincoln, California
“Good to the last bite!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This area was a great discovery, and this restaurant was perfect for a recent outing to San Francisco. Stopping for lunch, I had Kai Pad Khing (sliced chicken stir-fried with fresh ginger, green and yellow onion, and dried (Black) mushrooms) with brown rice. So delicious! Sliced carrots were also part of this dish, cooked to perfection. A very generous serving. It's a small restaurant with tables very close together. We were ahead of the lunch crowd so it was easy to have a good conversation without too much noise. I will definitely dine here again. It will be perfect before an afternoon concert at Davies as it's only a short walk.

• Visited May 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“It's the real deal”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Okay, I love Thai food. I have been to Thailand and now I scope out any Thai restaurant in my hometown. When I found out that I was going to San Francisco for a conference, the first thing that I did was find out where to eat. Then, the guy who checked me in at the Hilton was Thai! So, he hands down recommend this place. Everyone warned me that it was in a dicey area, but I walked there twice and it was fine.

Since October, I am eating vegan, so my first time I went there I ordered the eggplant with basil. The first few bites, I thought, okay but not worth the walk. Then, as I continued, the subtle flavors began to come through, so that by the end of the meal I was savoring every bite. I wanted to lick the plate, but refrained myself. Just like what I remembered from my visit to Thailand.

Right then, I vowed to return and eat whatever was their best meal, even if it was meat. After researching this site, I decided that the pork belly was what everyone raved about, so I got it. Big mistake. Little did I know that this would be fried pork fat (think pork rinds). I wouldn't like this dish, even if I had not switched to vegan! Even still, if I didn't think about eating a plate of fat, the sauce was really tasty. I cannot blame them, I got what I ordered.

So, tomorrow I am going back and ordering something with tofu. I would love to come here every day. It's just a long commute!

Visited April 2013
“And the award for best Thai goes to..”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

After checking all the food critics, blogs and usual ratings Lers Ros kept coming out on top. So I decided to drop my old fav and give this a try. Score one for the critics! They knocked it out of the park and are my new #1. Best dishes were, duck salad, pork shoulder and an awesome chicken patay. Main courses sampled were pork belly {crispy skin with moist inner} mmm, pad thai, and beef fried noodles . All were repeaters. Dessert was a nice fried banana with excellant ice cream. Definately worth a try bu7t may take a cab at night.

• Visited February 2013